JO-2006-450528 Senior R & D Engineer- 12 month contract.
The role of Senior R&D Engineer provides guidance in managing and delivering complex medical device projects with significant technical challenges. Overall responsibility for various aspects of new development projects, including process development, design development, implementation of new equipment/automation and new product introduction.
• Develop a deep understanding of the disease state, gather user needs, and translate into technical specifications.
• Support the management of the direct and cross functional team to deliver on performance, time and cost targets.
• Generate creative product solutions to address unmet needs.
• Develop test models for prototype performance evaluations.
• Build and test prototypes; analyse test data and interpret to identify optimal solution(s).
• Create detailed component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications.
• Identify and select product materials, assembly methods and define process settings.
• Develop and deliver project plans to performance, time and cost targets.
• Leverage and liaise with external resources to achieve project goals.
• Identify and manage of key risks throughout the product lifecycle.
• Write procedures, protocols, specifications, and reports.
• Evaluate and assess physician (user) techniques and develop product training materials.
• Develop marketing materials (presentations/videos/demos).
Qualifications & Experience:
• Honours degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in all stages of medical device design and development (including design with SolidWorks, prototyping, and testing) is desired.
• Strong design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles.
• Strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative.
• Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills essential.
Any applicant must be fully eligible to work in Ireland with no visa restrictions. No Visa sponsorship offered with this role.
According to the art. 24 paragraph 1 of the Act of August 29, 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Dz. U. of 2015. Item. 2135 with changes.) Please be informed that the data controller of your personal data is CPL JOBS Sp. z o.o., Al. Jerozolimskie 81, 02-001 Warsaw. Personal data will be processed in order to conduct and administer the recruitment processes, in particular in connection with the searching applicable job offers and their presentation to address your needs, as well as the archiving and use of personal data in future recruitment processes. Personal data can be disclosed to entities authorized by law and - in case of your consent – to potential employers. You have the right of access to your data and the right to rectify these data."