Senior Scientist - Piezoelectric thin films development engineer (f/m/d)
In the network of science and industry, SAL offers research in the areas of Sensor Systems, RF Systems, Power Electronics, System Integration Technologies and Embedded Systems.
SAL – a great place to research.
Your future responsibilities
- Responsible of piezo thin-film development by (co-)sputtering technology with a state-of-the-art cluster tool from EVATEC for small scale R&D purpose.
- Developing advanced piezo thin-film deposition process with novel materials such as AlScN and PZT for piezo MEMS applications such as SAW/BAW devices, PMUT and other piezo based MEMS devices.
- Solving thin-film deposition issues related to material selection and (co-)sputtering process parameters and take corrective actions.
- Designs and performs advanced experiments, data analyses, and improves the process.
- Collaborate as part of microsystem research team in ongoing projects by performing state-of-the-art investigations on materials and thin-film technology for diverse MEMS applications.
- Performing data analysis using analytical calculations, modelling, and standard statistical methods.
- Generating innovative ideas to improve MEMS device performance.
- Working in advanced microfabrication ISO5 clean room facility.
- High quality thin-film development by using advanced deposition technologies such as PE-ALD, PVD, HiPIMS and PECVD.
- Scientific communication, reporting of research results and drive technical innovation and generate IP.
- PhD degree in material or related fields preferably with a focus on thin-film technology for MEMS applications.
- Minimum 5 years of hands’ on experience in working in at least one of the following technologies: Sputtering, PEALD or PECVD.
- Relevant publication records in piezo thin film process development engineering role.
- Strong experience working with cleanroom equipment involving thin film deposition and materials characterization.
- Strong materials expertise such as dielectric materials (e.g. oxides and nitrides) and piezo thin-films (e.g. AlN, AlScN, PZT etc.).
- Expertise on measurement and analysis of thin-films by: (SEM, EDX, XRD, Ellipsometry, piezo-characterization and etc.).
- Expertise on thin-film growth, composition, microstructure and material property.
- Good knowledge about different kind of microsystems such as SAW/BAW devices, Piezo MEMS and etc is a plus.
- Good knowledge in semiconductor technologies and practical and professional experience in related cleanroom microfabrication processes is a plus.
- Expertise with ab-initio calculation is a big plus.
- Interested in application-oriented process development of innovative sensors concepts.
- Autonomous, well organized and enjoy working in a dynamic and multicultural team.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Good experience in project management.
- Beginning of the employment: as soon as possible.
- This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of € 52,584 based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag“) and depending on your experience and skills.
- Extras: free coffee, 4€ food allowance per working day, family/kids friendly inviroment,...
Become part of Silicon Austria Labs The top research center for electronic based systems (EBS).
Unfold the future, unfold yourself.