Job Description Summary
Are you a Scientiist / experienced Microbiologist who is looking for your next career step? We are seeking applications from candidates who are
- A Subject Matter Expert with knowledge base acquired in microbiology, chemistry, beverages technology or advanced analytical techniques.
- Proficient in applying established standards.
- Works independently & may be required to coach other Scientists & professionals.
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Lead research projects and develop or validate laboratory test methods or equipment to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results.
- Organize workflow and task schedules to maximize laboratory efficiency.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Advanced Field Specialty in Microbiology: expert ability to integrate advanced techniques and to apply the most appropriate techniques to a broad range of situations.
- Ability to perform advanced, complex testing at a high level of throughput using the required methodology as required on finished goods, syrups and ingredients/packaging and report results.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in their specific field to evaluate data/information and make decisions, provide solutions to problems, and educated opinions on ingredients, syrups, beverages, or other substances to provide support to bottlers and customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices; Laboratory/Analytical Instrumentation, including instrumental theory, operation, maintenance and ability to operate, modify and repair laboratory instruments; LIMS; Quality management systems.
- Ability to communicate technical information both verbally and in written reports that is understandable by technical and non-technical audiences; to produce report of results and recommendations that is clear and concise. Build technical relationships.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Post Graduate MSc. In Microbiology is preferable.
- Bachelors Degree in Science preferably Analytical Chemistry, Food Science, Food Technology with a demonstrated aptitude to relate business and technical requirements.
- 10+ years relevant experience in a Laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical Industry.
- Experience in Beverage technology and Microbiology is preferred.
- Experience with Molecular Biological techniques would be beneficial.
- Experience of trouble shooting is desirable.
- 10% Regional and global travel.
- Fluent written and spoken English with strong communication skills required.
- Ability to work within a global virtual team with many nationalities and a significant time difference in time zones across the team.
Microsoft Office; Troubleshooting; PMI Project Management; Six Sigma (Green Belt); ISO 14000; ISO 18000
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.