Westpac Group Technology is striving to be the home of game-changing technologists, shaping the future of banking and you can be part of our family. You will play a crucial role in our Information Security portfolio.
- Permanent full-time role based in Sydney
- Use your penetration testing experience in catering Information security requirements
- Join a close knit team with high performance standards
How will I help?
Responsible for advising Westpac business and IT units on Information Security with specific focus on the areas of Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Management. Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform Penetration Testing using various tools and techniques, produce written reports outlining identified vulnerabilities and associated recommendations, and govern security remediation efforts
- Advise and ensure the implementation of Penetration Testing and vulnerability management policies, processes, standards and Guidelines
- Identify and advise on requirements for business processes, applications and products to ensure that Westpac continues to be protected against current and emerging threats
- Advise on the development, implementation and maintenance of security policies, procedures, standards, governance frameworks and strategies
- Assist with development of security tools to ensure that Westpac operates within the established risk appetite
- Liaise effectively with Westpac’s business partners and third-party service providers as required
- Advise on and ensure the implementation of frameworks that provide appropriate security controls for Westpac data managed by business partners and third-party service providers to ensure that Westpac continues to be protected against current and emerging threats
What do I need?
You will have ability to make decisions with security testing processes & strategy with sound judgement to ensure system availability and integrity. Managing internal & external stake holders, you will also have:
- Strong hands-on experience in information security, information technology, risk management, Audit or equivalent role
- Experience performing advanced infrastructure, application, mobile and infrastructure level penetration testing
- Experience identifying and documenting security requirements
- Experience in writing Penetration Testing reports and communicating identified vulnerabilities to the internal stakeholders
- Solid understanding of one or more of the following platforms: Linux, Infrastructure, Networking and Cloud/Virtualisation
- Working knowledge of regulatory frameworks (such as OWASP, OSSTMM) related to information security
- Experience implementing automated security testing tools and processes
- Software development experience
- A good understanding of information security best practice standards and guidelines (e.g. ISO 27001)
- Risk analysis/Threat modelling experience
Formal education or certification in Penetration Testing (such as OSCP, OSCE, CREST or Advanced SANS Penetration Testing) will be highly regarded.
What’s it like to work with Westpac?
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you will get some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning's, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We will pay you to do volunteer or community work. As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility.
How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button.
The health and well-being of our employees is our priority and we will ensure that physical distancing requirements are met in all our workplaces as per Government guidelines.