We are looking for an experienced and pro-active Senior Software Architect to join TR HighQ’s development organization based in Ahmedabad.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Works with Architect, Senior Managers, Product team to understand the business's strategy and information technology needs. Proposes architecture solutions to meet the strategy.
- Build and maintain relationships with products, businesses, architects, and other stakeholders to influence technical decisions for architectural consistency and technical excellence.
- Lead architecture design, to include the application development or customization requirements, technical infrastructure requirements, system integration aspects including the integration of external systems.
- Established architecture strategy and vision. Ensure wider business architecture strategy is incorporated into the specific business areas approach.
- Ensures architectural compliance to development, security, or Infrastructure standards across their Business Area.
- Analyze existing application portfolios, develop next-gen application architecture, transformation, and modernization roadmap.
- Play a key role in re-architecting monolithic systems for Microservices and deployment to the cloud.
- Be prepared to potentially execute transformational infrastructure projects (e.g. on-premises to public cloud infrastructure migration) for those systems best suited for cloud.
- Ensure applications and systems are actively tested for resiliency under different scenarios and monitored them for HA.
- Provides mentorship and coaching to other architects & tech leads.
- BTech, MTech, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or
- 15+ years of IT experience in software architecture, design, development, and delivery of products.
- 15+ years of strong design/development experience with 5+ years of experience architecting and operating large scale distributed systems.
- Have a good understanding of Enterprise Architecture and ideally working with it, to enable contribution to our methodologies and frameworks.
- Excellent leadership skills, working with immediate teams as well as cross-functional teams spanning the organization
- Experience building software following cloud-native architecture methodologies
- Strong expertise in moving applications from on-premises to cloud environments leveraging cloud-native architectures
- Experience updating system from a monolithic to microservices
- Experience with and knowledge of common Architecture patterns (e.g. microservices, GoF , SOA, Event sourcing, etc.).
- Hands-on experience on virtualization and container concepts (IE Containerization technologies such as Microsoft AKS / AWS EKS, Docker, Kubernetes).
Software development experience utilizing Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Working knowledge of build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem: Git, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus.
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting modern security solutions including token-. based authentication, OAuth 2.0 workflows, SAML authentication and authorization techniques.
- Deep technical understanding of infrastructure configuration and automations processes and tools: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Fabric.
- Experience in Identity Management, Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery.
- Strong working experience in any one of the public cloud providers like Microsoft Azure (preferable), AWS or Google cloud.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming and RESTful web services, Spring, Spring boot, Spring MVC, Struts etc.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com . Locations