NetSuite provides a suite of cloud-based financials and commerce software that runs the business of more than 40,000 companies, organizations and their subsidiaries in more than 100 countries. As the NetSuite solution is written in Java & Kotlin, we expect you to be a masterfully skilled programmer in Java. We use Oracle databases and expect you have solid knowledge of SQL as well.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements:
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our growing Environment Management team in Kitchener. This is a critical role that will be responsible for designing, planning, building new features, troubleshoot, debug and maintain existing systems (web applications, databases, infrastructure) and advancing the architecture to meet the changing demands of the industry. These are complex internal applications for handling the lifecycle of NetSuite accounts. The developer needs a ‘big picture’ perspective along with great attention to detail as changes will affect many parts of the system.
What you'll do:
- Developing great software in a collaborative environment
- Following QA and Deployment processes and standard methodologies
- Practicing agile development
- Mentor more junior colleagues
- Contribute ideas and effort for continuous improvement for the team
- Responsibilities are varied and complex, requiring independent thought and judgment, as well as collaboration.
- Experience working with operations and tools teams is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- BS, MS, or equivalent degree and at least 10 years of proven experience in software engineering
- Extensive mastery in building real-world distributed systems in Java
- Hands-on, deep knowledge of database systems (Oracle preferred) and PL/SQL
- Extensive solid understanding of modern web applications from the database to browser, multithreading, asynchronous and remote operations
- Understanding the fundamentals of building secure applications
- Comfort with engaging problems at multiple levels of the stack (OS, network, application, storage system)
- Passion for high-quality code
- Skills to debug and understand large java and SQL code base.
Is this you? Apply today!
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.