Unum Carlow is an ambitious, innovative Technology Centre working as a global team to drive digital transformation. Unum is one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, helping millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary:We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Xamarin Forms Developer on an award-winning mobile application which provides an innovative way for our Sales Agents to manage their leads and clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides technical leadership and direction for features delivered
• Ensures application solution design conforms to agreed upon quality attributes such as performance, fault tolerance, etc.
• Design, codes, configures, unit tests, maintains, and documents software deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools.
• Collaborates with Principal SE and architects on coding standards, processes, tooling and frameworks required for the delivery of features in the sprint or product backlog
• Responsible for the estimation, design, implementation, and maintenance of new features to our mobile & web applications. Able to complete complex feature development tasks.
• Design, codes, configures, unit tests, maintains, and documents software deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools. Leads sizing and estimation activities within the agile team.
• Demonstrates an interest in software architectures and seeks to design solutions in alignment with Company stated architecture and standards
• Collaborates with Business Analysts and User Experience (UX) designers to refine and ensure products meet customer needs
• Leads proof of concept work and prototyping when necessary
• 4+ years’ experience of Mobile development, Xamarin Forms, Xamarin Native, XAML an advantage
• 6+ years’ experience with Microsoft technologies such as C#, .Net, and ASP.Net MVC and MVVM.
• Strong demonstration of data structures, algorithms, and OO Design
• Experience with consuming and understanding of web services and REST APIs.
• Ability to collaborate with our UX/UI team, be part of the design discussions/decisions and ensure designs are reproduced faithfully across platforms
• Experience with mobile-specific functionality, such as location and push notifications.
• Ability to write Unit Tests & UI Tests for Xamarin Test Cloud.
• Experience with meeting accessibility standards
• Experience with MongoDB an advantage
Unum and its family of businesses offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package, world-class training and development, and a culture built on employee ideas. Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to person’s race, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family status, membership of the travelling community, gender or sexual orientation. Come join us if you’re interested in working in an exciting and challenging environment for a company that is on the move!