We are Mercedes-Benz.io. Our mission is to create digital experiences to shape the way for the future of Mercedes-Benz and a new world of mobility.
We don’t care about your shoes, as long as you are wearing the right attitude. At Mercedes-Benz.io we walk the talk and make things happen. We do not digitize for the sake of being digital but for a better tomorrow for our customers. That’s not our job; it’s our passion. Therefore, we love to reflect and challenge everything – the status quo, Mercedes-Benz and ourselves. We share the same beliefs and stand up for each other and this is why we hire unique people.
In this role you will
- Be responsible for the creation and further development of demanding enterprise omnichannel content management solutions for Mercedes-Benz Cars.
- Work closely with our software architects, software engineers from other disciplines, such as Software Engineer for Cloud Business Services, and product owners.
- Create complex web applications in Java and Kotlin.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team and support QA Engineers and Product Owners in meeting the requirements goals.
- Discuss problems and achieve solutions in unbureaucratic ways - with the team as well as with top management.
- Support the design of software and system architectures in the creation of technical specifications based on known and proven software design patterns. You can demonstrate your demand on highest quality standards and innovative know-how by continually improving and supplementing the software with unit tests and hardening it with the latest security standards.
To succeed you need
- A BSc or MsC degree in a computer related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Java programming language or similar language
- To write multi-threaded, high-volume transactional code as well as having experience in developing large scale websites
- Deep knowledge and experience in Spring/Spring MVC, TDD, design patterns, simple design and RESTful Services
- To understand the Domain Driven Design, Lean Software Development and Hypothesis Driven Development
- Core to your skills is a deep knowledge and experience in Spring/Spring MVC, TDD, design patterns, simple design and RESTful Services.
- Experience with source control management (Git, Mercurial, SVN), as well as with build tooling like Ant and Maven
- Experience with tools like JUnit or Mockito complement your development expertise
- To understand complex business-logical challenges and finding simplicity-seeking solutions
- To be open to new technologies and modern software development methodologies
- Knowledge about CI/CD and build & deploy automation
- To be constantly looking for new learnings
- To have a way of working that is characterized by team spirit, excellent communication skills in English and high quality standards set to yourself for the artefacts produced
Our technology stack
We use the most advanced cloud based software architectures:
- Amazon Web Services as IaaS
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry as PaaS
- Java/Kotlin Spring Framework for the Creation of cloud-based ReSTful web services
- Adobe Experience Manager as Content Management System
- Adobe Marketing Cloud for extensive personalization of content
- App Dynamics as a monitoring solution
- SAP Hybris (for E-Commerce) to handle relevant business activities
You will be happy with
- Open source software
- No top-down hierarchy. We trust in your self-organization
- Colleagues that are as smart, hardworking and driven as you
- An amazing open-minded and informal culture with the backup of a giant company like Mercedes-Benz
- IPhone,MacBook Pro or Dell (your choice) and noise-cancelling headphones
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance
- Proactive self-development in international Trainings and Conferences
- Language Training courses
- Feel good actions (massages, nutrition sessions, happy hour and more)
- Brand Connection Perks (Test Drives, Renting Programs and more)
- Much more cool stuff …
What you’ll need to know about us
- Mercedes-Benz.io develops software and technology for the digital platforms of Mercedes-Benz. We are focused on creating digital experiences for the future of Mercedes-Benz mobility worldwide, developing products for Sales & Marketing.
- Our main products are the Mercedes-Benz Website worldwide, the e-commerce platform, digital services and aftersales solutions.
- We work in Holacracy – a “non-classical” framework which represents our operating system within the company. Our setup is based on purpose, circles and roles as well as their specific accountabilities.
This is a full-time position, based in our office in Lisbon. We have a fantastic team with people from all over the world. We encourage frequent collaboration and pairing across disciplines. English is the main working language.
Mercedes-Benz.io is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that diverse experiences and a broad collective perspective lead to a better company culture and better products.
Interested in engaging with a continuously evolving company to work hard, play hard and party hard? If so, please send your resumé (in English and PDF).