Casa Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASA) is 5G, delivering physical, virtual and cloud-native 5G infrastructure and customer premise networking for high-speed data and multi-service communications networks. Our core and edge convergence technology enables public and private networks for both communications service providers and enterprises. Casa Systems™ products deliver higher performance, improved network flexibility and scalability, increased operational efficiency and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). Commercially deployed in more than 70 countries, Casa serves over 475 Tier 1 and regional service providers worldwide. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to join our collaborative, high growth access devices organization located at our office based in Surrey Hills, Melbourne, Australia.
The successful candidate will join an experienced team delivering world-leading access device technology to a global customer base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop high-performance, reusable software.
- Provide analysis of issues and solve problems.
- Ensure product quality through participation in peer code review and development of unit testing.
- Proactively identify and implement improvements to software components and infrastructure.
- Designing and analysing solutions as per project requirements.
- Designing and developing code to meet specifications.
- Ensure that code is written to a high quality.
- Perform thorough unit testing and test automation.
- Ensure documentation is comprehensive, accurate, and up to date.
- Support team members via code review, design review, mentoring, and information and knowledge sharing.
- 7+ to 10 years of related experience.
- Proficiency in Python, C, shell scripting and related utilities.
- Demonstrated experience with docker and virtualisation (especially KVM).
- Expert knowledge of Linux (experience with embedded Linux preferred).
- Working knowledge of REST APIs.
- Good knowledge of computer networking (IP networks, routing protocols, VPNs, WiFi, cellular networks).
- Experience with digital data communications concepts and protocols, such as those based on ETSI standards and ITU standards (Ethernet, DSL, GPON).
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible attitude, able to work in a dynamic environment.
- High attention to detail and a disciplined approach to problem solving.
- Willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- Able to live Casa’s core values: fun work environment; innovation & risk taking; passion, dedication & perseverance; and honesty & loyalty.
Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Note: Only applicants with existing rights to work in Australia will be considered for this role.