OFX is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. We welcome conversations around flexible working arrangements for this role. Please indicate in the application questions what working arrangements would be your preference.
Hello. Nice to meet you. We’re OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services for our personal, business and partner customers. Since launching on Sydney’s Northern Beaches twenty years ago, OFX has grown to become a truly global company. We’re now trusted by customers all around the world and have grown to over 400 employees with offices in Sydney, London, San Francisco, Toronto, Auckland, Singapore and Hong Kong. We are a publicly-listed company, listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: ‘OFX’)
The Senior Software Engineer role is responsible for delivering high quality code in a timely manner while working closely with the technical leads and engineering team, in addition to designing solutions as appropriate. Working in an agile environment you will provide your technical expertise and support while delivering quality software.
What you’ll be doing:
- Together with the tech leads and engineering team, help improve our coding practices while delivering code and participating in code reviews.
- Work with the Engineering Manager and Tech Leads to drive design of our products and solutions.
- Participate in design reviews and proof of concepts.
- Contribute to solution design in line with our overall technical roadmap and industry best practice.
- Actively provide appropriate leadership as part of the engineering team including mentorship and coaching.
- Work collaboratively within the agile team to deliver user stories; owning stories to ensure they meet all functional and non-functional acceptance criteria.
- Develop with a variety of platforms and technologies, such as Docker, Lambda, Fargate, Github Enterprise, DynamoDB and Teamcity.
- Learning and sharing knowledge with your colleagues through guilds, brown bags and workshops.
What you’ll bring:
- 5 years of commercial .NET development desireable.
- Excellent understanding of Agile development methodology and development practices such as TDD, Kanban, Lean, etc.
- Experience AWS PaaS solutions is preferred, however Azure experience will be considered.
- Significant experience in designing web-based, service-oriented applications and integrated back-office systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Configuration Management.
- Experience in distributed source control system (such as Git) required.
- Strong experience with unit testing and acceptance criteria frameworks.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) product development desired.
- Solid database design and development experience with Microsoft SQL Server desired.
- Application, memory and database profiling experience desired.
- Commercial level experience with Dependency Injection frameworks desired.
What it's like working at OFX:
We’re OFXers because we want to make a difference. We see challenges as opportunities and we’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves to get stuff done. We’re committed to making things easier for our clients, pushing boundaries and continuing to move with the times so that we can continue to inspire confidence every day and through every transaction.
We operate as one team, cross-functionally and globally to drive outcomes that deliver excellence for our customers. We're curious self-starters who love learning and sharing our knowledge with others. We embrace change and use our initiative and resilience to overcome challenges.
Global markets move fast and so do we. We work across borders and time zones, which helps make the world feel a little smaller. From San Francisco, Toronto to London, Dublin, Sydney, Auckland, Hong Kong & Singapore, there’s always a colleague to help.
- We promote an environment of reward and recognition, OFXers are encouraged to celebrate their peers’ effort, technical expertise or support through a range of channels and awards.
- Giving back, we encourage OFXers to give back to causes and communities that are important to them. We celebrate this with an annual volunteer day, that OFXers can use together or individually.
- Always keep learning. Drive your own learning with LinkedIn learning, which all OFXers have access to. We offer a variety of other learning programs and host an annual Open Day to encourage cross functional and soft skill learning.
- We take pride in having a work/life balance and flexibility; we encourage employees to work productively and efficiently. Our OFXers enjoy Birthday leave to celebrate their birthday however they choose.
- Our Good Vibes employee-led committees organise events to keep our employees engaged inside and outside the office. Whether it’s participating in our weekly yoga class (now also online), office happy hours, end of year celebrations. Our team wants you to feel welcome!
- We have some great perks. On-site barista, fresh fruit, showers with towel service.