- Senior Software Engineer
- Melbourne CBD
The Oracle Construction & Engineering Global Business Unit (CEGBU) industry’s most advanced solutions for planning, building and operating assets, partnering with leading organisations globally.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Platform cum L2 Support team. This team is a part of a bigger umbrella and the primary responsibilities of this team are:
- Improve the performance and stability of the application.
- Develop and maintain shared services that can be plugged across applications.
- Troubleshoot live production issues.
From a Software Development point of view, you will be working within a large codebase, use Test-Driven Development to add new functionality whilst refactoring to continually improve the design and reusability of that codebase.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Analyse and resolve performance issues.
- Develop and maintain shared services.
- Research and identify solutions to high severity issues and implement them.
- Implement solutions that allow the system to scale better.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams.
- Prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and documentation.
- Mentoring relatively less experienced developers of the team.
- Reviewing code developed by team members.
- Adapt to new technology stack.
- Ensuring compliance with development methodology and technical process.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong J2EE development experience
- Strong experience with Web-tier development using technologies such as Spring, JPA.
- Good experience with at least one of the popular J2EE Application Servers is a must (experience with Tomcat is a plus)
- Strong Linux/UNIX skills are a huge plus.
- Experience in working with microservices is a must.
- Experience in carving out microservices from a monolithic is a huge plus.
- Good experience with writing SQL (experience with SQL Server is a plus).
- Experience in using XP practices such as TDD, pairing, CI etc.
- Experience with Elastic stack is a plus.
- Experience with writing unit tests using JUnit.
- Thorough understanding of OO principles.
- Track record of rapidly learning and incorporating new technologies into his/her skill set.
- Thorough knowledge of programming best practices.
- Expert analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical, business, and design information.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality, tested software on time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Agile methodology and Scrum is a plus.
The ideal candidate has excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills, with a successful track record of managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Why Oracle / Aconex?
The Construction & Engineering GBU provides an end-to-end offering for project management and delivery that enables customers to effectively plan, build, and operate construction projects.
...and we're a great place to work. Not only is the CEGBU a strong business with solid product engineering teams, we're in the CBD surrounded by cafes and bars, and close to Wynyard Station.
Life at Oracle ANZ:
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to take on new roles and challenges, while blending work and life. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry. To cultivate the talent that makes this happen, we work hard to create a vibrant and rewarding workplace that celebrates diverse, multi-talented teams where everyone can contribute. We take care of each other, and value giving back to the community. We have flexible work arrangements and offer benefits including generous paid parental leave and comprehensive premium medical insurance... Find out more
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.