Why You'll Love Quark Software:
At Quark, were on a mission to transform how our customers create, manage, publish and deliver content. No matter the channel or format web, tablet, mobile, print with 35 years of success and unparalleled technology, our employees are making this vision reality. As a result, leaders in industries such as finance, manufacturing, energy, and government can reduce costs, save time, improve consistency and make their content brilliant.
Our customers and employees are the heartbeat of everything we do. Employee development and training is part of our DNA, so you can look forward to growth and a defined career path. Were committed to the health and happiness of our employees and offer a comprehensive and generous benefit package that is effective on your first day of employment.
Job Role and Summary
- Contribute towards the development of features, implementing parts or in whole for Quark Content Enablement
- Ability to clearly understand per project based on requirements and existing product features and overall solution
- Work closely with Scrum master/Lead in understanding the assignments in context of overall scope and implement the assignments in a timely manner with high quality
- Install, Deploy, configuration and Demo product at feature level, must have excellent knowledge on complete product lifecycle.
- Able to demo and demonstrate whenever required as per business requirement
- Ability to quickly adapt with regular switching of client assignments; based on priorities without significantly impacting productivity
- Senior Software Engineer manage and develops software applications. Performs coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development process with ownership to review the code repository be Level 1 & 2 software engineers
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures for SLC
- Participating in Agile meetings to contribute with development strategies
- Owning critical processes that are highly available and scalable
- Producing tremendous feature enhancements and reacting quickly to emerging technologies
- Encouraging collaboration and stimulating creativity
- Contributing to design and architectural decisions
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of project requirements, specifications, and project plan.
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Demonstrates initiative. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel
- Full time position based in Chandigarh
Desired Candidate Profile
- BE/BTech/MCA/ME/MTech/ from premier institute in computer science or related field
- A minimum of 6-9 years of experience as a software engineer with relevant Industry exposure
- Should be fluent in Core Java, J2EE technologies, Spring Framework.
- Hands-on experience in Integration with Elasticsearch stack, Active MQ, Kafka and Redis cache.
- Hands-on experience in databases (SQLServer/PostgresSQL)
- Hands-on experience in NoSQL databases (Cassendra)
- Sound knowledge of Data structures and algorithms
- Working knowledge of the Unix/Linux/MacOS operating system
- Expertise in XML, XML Schema and XPath technologies
- Deep understanding of overall systems development life cycle including various methodologies (agile, waterfall, iterative)
- Proficient in using source control technologies, with Azure DevOps exposure an asset
- Experience with open source technologies and object-oriented design
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Passion for writing efficient highly performant code for desktop and mobile platforms.
- Passion for collaborating with multiple engineering teams that are clients using your software
- Expertise in cross-browser development
- Deep understanding of overall systems development life cycle including various methodologies (agile, waterfall, iterative).
- Exposure to TFS and MS Build or equivalent systems
- Experience with open source technologies
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly logical.
- Technically proficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Shift Timing: 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Quarks mission is to transform the way our customers create and communicate their business-critical content. No matter the channel or format web, tablet, mobile, print with 35 years of success and unparalleled technology, leaders in industries such as finance, manufacturing, energy, and government are transforming their content experiences, saving time and improve consistency to make their content brilliant.
Quark is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Quark offers a creative and informal culture with all the exciting challenges and rewards of working for a dynamic, international company. We pride ourselves on our high performing teams, visionary leadership, continuous learning and collaborative environment where everyone is measured on and shares in success. We’re committed to the health and happiness of our employees and offer a comprehensive and generous benefit package that is effective on your first day of employment.