Our Amazing #TeamZaloni
We are the frontline evangelists and trusted advisors to our customers. Zaloni understands its customers require industry expertise as well as an ability to help them meet their business objectives. Our Product Implementation team handles services related to product enablement, including proof of concepts (POCs) and Arena enablement services for new clients. The team works closely with our Sales and Engineering teams to enable new clients on Arena. The Solutions team work with customers’ technical and business teams to design, propose, and deploy additional use cases on top of Arena.
What You’ll Do in This Role to Add Value
We are looking for a Senior Solutions Architect who will be working on design and implementation of data lake solutions for our prospective and current customers using Arena. This is an opportunity to lead the technical delivery for Zaloni clients on Big Data Projects on-prem or on-cloud! Solutions Architects are extremely passionate on data management with an ability to deliver successful projects right from initial design through production deployment. This is a highly technical, dynamic role in our team and the successful candidate will possess a multifaceted skill set to deliver on multiple elements of the customer experience from pre-sales to post-sales delivery to continued customer success on the Arena platform.
Here are additional attributes of this candidate:
- Must be an energetic and strong, opinionated technical leader
- Provide overall architecture leadership in delivering solutions for Zaloni clients
- Must have experience in understanding business requirements, analysis & design of technical architecture, development of applications, and deployment of the solutions to production
- Must have experience working with major big data solutions using technologies like Hadoop, HBase, Sqoop, Hive, Spark, in-memory databases, NoSQL databases, cloud based data platforms etc.
- Must be able to provide strategic big data solutions to the customers and have solid customer-facing experience with excellent presentation skills.
- Experience in working on RFPs and proposals for large-scale complex projects
- Ability to work independently without extensive supervision or mentorship, ensuring business deliverables for Zaloni’s business are met in terms of revenue recognition and customer satisfaction
- Architect, implement, and support the ongoing customer success of Big Data projects for Zaloni customers
- Lead the requirements analysis, architecture, design, and development of Big Data solutions using multitude of big data/etl/cataloging and governance tools.
- Be accountable for creating end-to-end Big Data solution design and development
- Responsible for identifying and designing integrations between systems using APIs or SDKs etc.
- Collaborate with remote development engineers and project managers to ensure project delivery
- Become the prime technical contact for the customer team and resolve any escalations and issues during the project implementation.
- Interact with internal stakeholders, including Support, Product Management, and Product Engineering for issues related to product
- Interact with customers and third-party vendors to ensure successful solution delivery
- Assist in design inquires as well as resolve design disagreements during design and development.
- Research and validate new solutions and technologies
- Share ideas for new solutions or product features that can help add value to our customers
- Contribute to best practices and technical strategy for services projects
- Stay up-to-date with information on industry products and solutions through trade journals, professional associations, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- Contribute to the technical content in the statement of work (SOW) and proposals and white papers.
- Participate in pre-sales discussion as a technical expert when required
- Create work breakdown structures for services projects and identify the required skill sets for executing the project tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field; Master degree preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in similar industry related to big data; specific experience in pre-sales, post-sales services, and customer success is highly desirable
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in data architecture/data integration
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in consulting environment
- Minimum of four (4) years experience with major Big Data components including Hadoop, Spark, Hive,
HBase,Sqoop, Impala, Flume, Kafka, Storm etc.
- Must have obtained architect-level certification in one of the cloud platforms (Azure, AWS)
- Ability to perform hands-on development if needed; coach and lead the team
- Experience in designing and leading the development of enterprise software based on Java technologies, build systems, automated testing, and CI/CD pipelines
- Must have data management skills; knowledge of SQL, data integration, data classification, ETL, data modeling, and RDBMS
- Working experience in Hadoop distributions (e.g. Cloudera, HortonWorks)
- Working experience in Waterfall, Agile, Scrum methodology
- Excellent written, verbal, and diagrammatic communication skills
- Excellent customer facing experience and strong presentation skills is a must
- Willingness to travel up to 40% as needed for pre/post-sales support
- Experience of handling streaming datasets and processing of streaming data
- Industry standard certification for solutions architecture (e.g. TOGAF Certification)
- Experience in machine learning techniques, natural language processing and unstructured data handling skills is a plus
Our Awesome CompanyZaloni simplifies big data for transformative business insights. We work with pioneering enterprises to modernize their data architecture and operationalize their data lakes to incorporate data into everyday business practices. Zaloni’s data management platform, Arena, provides total control throughout the data pipeline from ingestion to analytics, with comprehensive data management, governance and self-service data preparation capabilities for IT and business users. A leader in big data for more than a decade, Zaloni’s expertise is deep, spans multiple industries, and has proven invaluable to customers at many of the world’s top companies. We are proud to be recognized by CRN’s 2017 Big Data 100 list, Forbes top 20 big data companies to work for, and Red Herring’s Top 100 North America Award.
For additional information, please visit [...]