How will I help?
You will be using your specialist expertise to provide HR & Payroll solution architecture recommendations to guide IT investment and design decision making. You will also develop and maintain high level systems solution, including HR, Payroll and related interactions with group systems which will encompass evaluating options and making recommendations to projects and operational teams on current, transition and target states. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead and manage architecture outcomes within projects, including the development of solutions & architecture component documentation, and obtain approval from key stakeholders to ensure that solutions are 'fit for purpose', and take into account the requirements of stakeholders and IT Strategy
- Liaise with executive and senior stakeholders (Business, Architecture, Security and Operations) to ensure strong relationships are maintained, and business, technology requirements and solutions are understood
- Provide thought leadership to the organisation within respective speciality area and remain up to date with content knowledge to ensure high quality service is delivered to the business
- Ensure accurate representation of business / technical requirements in solutions through collaboration with business users, technology groups and suppliers.
- Track the Technology requirements across all phases and contribute to IT impact assessments to understand the impact of changes to requirements across all phases
- Contribute to development of relationships with key senior business and technology stakeholders to provide input and approval during the development of solutions and architectural direction
- Provide technology advice and guidance to Senior Business and technology project stakeholders within a project to assist the business in the formulation of business strategy and technology investment decisions
- Apply Design thinking principles for better Employee Experience
What is in it for me?
You will play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. Our vision is to become one of the world’s great service companies. So, we will back you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You will also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can-do, supportive structure.
What do I need?
- Significant experience within the IT Industry/financial services or in business consulting/strategic planning.
- 5+ years of Solution Architecture experience
- Experience in comprehending the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Experience in delivering major business solutions into production within multiple project teams
- Demonstrable experience in the (Human Resources) HR & Payroll technology domain covering two or more HR/Payroll Sub Domains
- Experience in PaaS/SaaS HR & Payroll platforms – e.g. Oracle Cloud HCM
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architect disciplines and frameworks (e.g. TOGAF)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
Tertiary level qualifications in IT, Computer Science or a related discipline
What is it like to work there?
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you will get some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We will even pay you to do volunteer or community work. As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility – and champions inclusion.
How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.