At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Provide pre-sales support to our Enterprise Sales organisation in pursuit of virtual infrastructure business opportunities. Gain prospects' technical recommendation to develop a business relationship with VMware and its channel partners. Expected to help define, accelerate and close transactional business within a defined set of accounts. Must perform a variety of tasks including product overviews, customised presentations and demonstrations, complex solution design, infrastructure surveys, proposal development, advanced product evaluations and product feature/benefit discussions.
• Present VMware product features and benefits to Managers and Director Level prospects as well as Systems Managers and Administrators
• Provide technical and strategic vision about the VMware product family and be able to describe customised solutions to address complex customer requirements, utilising VMware and partner products and professional services
• Must be able to describe VMware’s key messages and vision and discuss key benefits for our customers
• Must be recognised and utilised as a technical resource within the region
• Must maintain current knowledge of complete VMware product set and be able to describe key features and benefits of each
• Keeps abreast of developments within industry and the organization
• Establish positive working relationships – internal and external
• Act as a trusted advisor for our customers on their whole technological ecosystem
• Pro-actively seek out new sales opportunities by developing new and existing technical relationships within accounts
• Evangelise current and future VMware products and technologies with an emphasis on large enterprise deployments and/or vertical solutions
• Pro-actively drive new and incremental business with the OEM and Channel Partners
• Ensure success of customer proof-of-concepts (PoCs)
• Documentation of client feature requests and issues
• Drive the design of customer oriented solutions using VMware
• Author white papers on technology and industry specific topics for use both internally and for customers
• Participate on a consistent basis in the SE discussion forum
• Assume the role of a mentor to other system engineers when appropriate
• Create training content for the SE organisation when appropriate
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company’s rapid growth.
• Strategic Account Manager(s)
• Other SE’s
• Extended Specialist Teams
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, (experience of presenting to large audiences e.g. seminars an advantage); communicates clearly in writing; strong relationship building skills.
• Knowledge of Modern Apps Applications (Cloud Native, Kubernetes, ...)
• Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with at least one major server operating system (UNIX/Linux or Windows Server): good working knowledge of Windows Server OSs
• Good understanding of Virtualisation concepts and competitive positioning knowledge is essential
• Strong understanding of Enterprise technology including SMP servers, storage arrays, storage networking, network protocols, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments
• Open systems administration and management, technical sales or consulting experience prioritising and organising skills
• Ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
• Fluency in English and French
• Demonstrates high ethics and integrity
• Ability to travel as necessary
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-10-26