Working as part of the Profit Protection team, your primary objectives are the protection of company assets as well as ensuring effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of reporting and compliance with applicable external laws and internal regulations.
The position is integral to the on-going focus on Corporate Governance. With focus on own retail and omni-channel but limited to those channels, it aims at
1. Analysing and managing key loss prevention data around areas such as digital fraud, while looking for trends and patterns to help Market Europe’s management team make business and risk management decisions
2. Identifying risk in all processes and areas relevant for Market Europe (incl. potential legal & regulatory issues)
3. Develop performance measurement frameworks - KPIs, goals, user needs, benefits - and analyse the performance of Market Europe relevant processes and activities against these as well as adapting the approach and framework appropriately and in line with any changes.
4. Transfer of identified topics into action recommendations for Market Europe Management teams as well as global functions.
5. Manage and monitor risk mitigating measures for Market Europe and establish regular progress reports
6. Support and conduct investigations based on respective standards
7. Stipulate change to enhance Market’s Europe Corporate Governance
To proactively and continuously review, assess and identify risk within the relevant business areas and functions (e.g. retail, procurement, finance, sales).
Manage IC & PP data in all relevant system (e.g. BWISE, LUMI, Perspective)
Manage third parties providing services to Market Europe’s IC & PP function
Source, collect and extract data that is accurate and fit for purpose
Identifying trends and systematic issues in all processes and areas relevant for Market Europe using internal and external data sources
Review and monitor retail data (e.g shrinkage/cycle counts/stock counts) affecting the P&L of retail stores (DTC) and develop / recommend comprehensive countermeasures to eliminate or minimize losses.
Ensure appropriate root cause analysis and recommendation management for all investigations handled by Market Europe’s IC & PP function
Perform data analysis for POS high risk transactions (e.g. shrinkage, post void/return & exchange, staff discounts)
Evaluate all internal & external available data focusing on identification of exceptions and fraud indicators and initiate reviews / investigations / management reporting
Monitoring remediation of all identified control deficiencies / risks / audit findings
Support respective functions to identify effective and efficient countermeasures for identified risks
Coordinate decisions towards adoption and implementation of standard processes to limit deviations to the minimum within the market
Drive change and end-to-end solution awareness amongst team members and stakeholders
Conduct investigations in accordance with relevant professional standards, legal requirements and internal policies and procedures, and complete timely reports/findings to the relevant stake holders utilising the appropriate IT systems.
Act as role model in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations as well as the adidas Fair Play Code of Conduct and other internal policies
Leverage functional expertise and operational insights to support senior leaders in decision making.
Proactively get involved in new projects and identify opportunities to add value.
Take accountability for successes and failures and see them as a source for learning.
Market Europe Management Team
Support functions for Market Europe
Governance functions globally
IC & PP community globally
Market Europe business and back office functions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Indepth knowledge of Retail Loss Prevention, both in-store and online
Awareness of specific fraud risks arising from new digital retail opportunities
Experience in performing risk assessments and identifying key business and financial risks
Ability to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations
A methodical and logical approach.
The ability to plan work and meet deadlines.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Effective communication and teamwork skills
Fluent in English and fluent in at least one additional local administrative language for Market Europe
Strong communication skills and high degree of stakeholder orientation
MS office suite of products – upper intermediate to advanced
Willingness to travel
Proven track record on data analytics and translation into business impact as well as preparing meaningful decision templates based on the analytics and impact evaluation
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications: