- 'Great Place to Work' recognition 2018, 2019
- Flexible working hours, opportunity for role to be part-time and supportive working from home environment
- Opportunity to work on interesting projects
With approximately 50,500 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisers including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
While we are a large global business, we aren't tied down by bureaucracy. We strive to give our people the freedom and flexibility to make their own decisions, whether this is in their daily work or for progressing their career. The Opportunity
Increasing demand for engineering design services in Newcastle has created an exciting opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Power & Resources team. This is a great career opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team who are focused on delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients across a range of market sectors. What you'll do:
What we'll love about you:
- Working on a broad range of structural engineering design projects
- Producing design calculations, mainly concrete and steel, to Australian Standards and client specifications
- Working effectively with other design disciplines, e.g. electrical, mechanical and civil
- Communicating effectively with internal stakeholders, team members and peers
- Supporting the wider resources team and other teams within the company nationally when the opportunity presents.
What you'll love about us
- A Bachelor's Degree (Engineering) or Equivalent
- Typically 7 to 10 years' or more experience in structural design and extensive experience working in consulting environment
- Proficient with structural analysis and design software preferably SpaceGASS, Limcon and Strand7
- Experience in design of mining and industrial infrastructure, maintenance facilities and materials handling structures will be highly desirable
- Experience in all stages of projects from prefeasibility through to detail design
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.