Role and Responsibilities
Collaborating closely with our DHL Hub partners at Leipzig Airport, you will be a key member of our team providing maintenance and support for a fleet of Flight Simulator Training Devices (FFS) and Lower Level Training Devices (FTD).
We are looking for several support engineers (Intermediate to Senior level) with a minimum of 3+ years experience
• Diagnose and correct problems on flight simulator and associated simulator systems.
• Perform preventive maintenance tasks on the simulator and associated simulator systems.
• Diagnose and correcting problems on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
• Utilize maintenance management system to record and track maintenance activities.
• Mentor Junior technicians in basic skills.
• Provide On Job Technical Training to other technicians.
• Complete all required training activities.
• Perform pre-flight and post flight on all simulators.
• Perform visual alignments.
• Run and evaluate required Qualification Test Guide (QTG) tests.
• Assist Engineering Team with modifications, design changes, and software enhancements.
• Perform refurbishment and hardware modifications.
• Perform software changes to correct problems on the simulator and associated simulator systems.
• Identify and coordinate efforts to correct training deficiencies.
• Assist Manager Technical Operations in day-to-day operation of maintenance activities.
• Learn and comply with CAE Compliance and Safety Management System.
• Provide customer service support and address customer needs in a timely manner.
• Perform logistics duties, including parts received, repair, and testing/validation.
• Perform housekeeping functions to maintain the simulators as required.
• Perform administrative tasks as required.
• Comply with Health and Safety Regulations in an Aviation Training Environment.
Qualifications and skill set requirements:
• Technical College Diploma or Degree in Electronics or Electrical or Aviation related field
• Excellent knowledge of the English language and German at least B1 level
• Demonstrate outstanding Initiative and ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Highly Customer oriented and must be able to deal tactfully in sensitive situations.
• Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules.
• Good knowledge of MS-Office tools and suite.
• Understanding of aircraft terminology or simulation devices and aviation training business.
• Ability to interpret schematics and other technical documents pertaining to aviation.
• Must possess adequate troubleshooting skills as well as having good knowledge of how to use electronic test equipment as well as how to use software diagnostic utilities.
• Good understanding and comprehension of Avionics, Motion and Visual systems.
• Computer Literate (PC and/or computer mainframe/architecture and Networking).
• Proficient with at least one of the following operating systems; Unix, Linux; WindowsNT/XP ; AIX and knowledge of software languages C and FORTRAN, with ability to write code.
• Knowledge of local and International Regulations (EASA), with demonstrated experience, as they pertain to Flight Simulation Training Devices.
• Understanding of Health and Safety regulations.
Does this sound like an interesting challenge for you? If so, we look forward to receiving your application, stating the earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations . If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our recruitment team at +49 (0)221 – 956 490-606.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE" (one passionate and inclusive team), we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.
Posted 30+ Days Ago
CAE is a high technology company, at the leading edge of digital immersion, providing solutions to make the world a safer place. Backed by a record of more than 70 years of industry firsts, we continue to reimagine the customer experience and revolutionize training and operational support solutions in civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare. We are the partner of choice to customers worldwide who operate in complex, high-stakes and largely regulated environments, where successful outcomes are critical. Testament to our customers’ ongoing needs for our solutions, over 60 percent of CAE’s revenue is recurring in nature. We have the broadest global presence in our industry, with approximately 10,000 employees, 160 sites and training locations in over 35 countries. www.cae.com
CAE offers interesting, diverse and challenging work. Our multiple businesses and global sites create a highly dynamic and stimulating environment that offers ample opportunity for creativity, learning and growth.
Our innovative technologies and services, and the people who collaborate every day to deliver exceptional service to our customers, are at the heart of what makes our organization successful and a great place to work.
“One of the greatest things about working at CAE is the people I get to work with. I enjoy collaborating with highly dedicated and professional colleagues from around the world every day.” Alexandre Lapointe, Global Engineering