OFX is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. We welcome conversations around flexible working arrangements for this role. Please indicate in the application questions what working arrangements would be your preference.
Hello. Nice to meet you. We’re OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services for our personal, business and partner customers. Since launching on Sydney’s Northern Beaches twenty years ago, OFX has grown to become a truly global company. We’re now trusted by customers all around the world and have grown to over 400 employees with offices in Sydney, London, San Francisco, Toronto, Auckland, Singapore and Hong Kong. We are a publicly-listed company, listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: ‘OFX’)
Currently we are looking for a high performing, adaptable and innovative Systems Admin Team Lead/Senior Systems Admin who enjoys managing the Service Desk, its requests and knowledge base, ensuring that requests are dealt efficiently and effectively and with a high level of service, and the knowledge base is kept up to date and relevant. This role will further enhance and develop the processes around the Service Desk and Support within the team and the organisation. This role also acts as a People Manager for the global Support and Operations team within Technology Operations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Play a key role in a global Service Desk team, taking ownership for the Service Desk during the allocated time in the 24-hour schedule
- Manage all types of Service Desk requests, ensuring that all requests are logged appropriately, with all the relevant information and placed in the correct queues.
- Use knowledgebase articles where possible to resolve Service Desks requests quickly and efficiently.
- Take a lead role in continuously improving Service Desk processes, documenting processes and implementing these processes within the Support team.
- Work collaboratively with key business stakeholders and the Head of IT Operations to agree on the appropriate Service Levels for requests.
- Provide support to all staff both locally and globally, either in person, via email or remotely via telephone.
- Participate in Fault/Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Resolution and Root Cause Analysis of IT Systems
- Work with the Technology Operations Team to perform regular maintenance and patching of systems and devices.
- Look to automate and improve OFX’s infrastructure/Environment
- Attend stand ups, planning sessions, retrospectives, workshops etc to support the team in the delivery of key technology initiatives.
- Lead by example by using consistent, open and transparent communication
- Responsible for the day to day management of the individuals reporting to this role
- Build a highly engaged and high-performance team
- Ensure that our capability and expertise continues to evolve by motivating the team and promoting a collaborative working environment
What you’ll bring:
- Tertiary level IT/computing qualification
Knowledge, skills, experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in a System Admin role
- 1-2 years experience working in a senior, team lead or supervisory capacity
- Extensive experience with Microsoft O365, Intune
- Automation/Scripting Skills with exceptional skills to manage initiatives through Jira
- Strong Experience with Service Desk tools (e.g., FreshService or JIRA Service Desk)
- IT operations environment experience (dealing with Escalations, Fault/Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Resolution and Root Cause Analysis)
- Experience with enhancing Incident and Change Management.
- Solid Networking experience such as Cisco or Fortinet products
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL Framework and Agile Methodologies (Scrum and Kanban)
Preferred (Not essential)
- Any qualifications or vendor certifications such as MCSE, CCNA etc. will be highly desirable
- Experience with MacOS and Apple Products is advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Demonstrable personal characteristics of being motivational, positive and can-do in your attitude to daily tasks and team interactions
- Ability to contribute to the success of a high performing team with a desire to bring innovation to the solution process
- Takes commitments seriously, doesn’t let others down, follows through with responsibilities
- Experience working in a dynamic environment with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new methodologies and technologies; a sense of urgency is a must
What it's like working at OFX
- We promote an environment of reward and recognition, OFXers are encouraged to celebrate their peers’ effort, technical expertise or support through a range of channels and awards.
- Giving back, we encourage OFXers to give back to causes and communities that are important to them. We celebrate this with an annual volunteer day, that OFXers can use together or individually.
- Always keep learning. Drive your own learning with LinkedIn learning, which all OFXers have access to. We offer a variety of other learning programs and host an annual Open Day to encourage cross functional and soft skill learning.
- We take pride in having a work/life balance and flexibility; we encourage employees to work productively and efficiently. Our OFXers enjoy Birthday leave to celebrate their birthday however they choose.
- Our Good Vibes employee-led committees organise events to keep our employees engaged inside and outside the office. Whether it’s participating in our weekly yoga class (now also online), run clubs, office happy hours, end of year celebrations. Our team wants you to feel welcome!
- We have some great perks. On-site barista, fresh fruit, showers with towel service.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this position.