FPS is currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer, specializing in Network, Server, and Cloud technologies.
The position would be a technical lead and would be responsible for the support of IT Infrastructure systems across multiple environments. Additional responsibilities include assisting the FPS service desk with incident analysis and resolution.
The Senior Systems Engineer role is to work with FPS teams to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the IT infrastructure. Additionally, the Senior Systems Engineer should be able to design and implement core infrastructure using industry best practices.
The position requires candidates to have excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues.
- Monitors and supports the information technology and systems infrastructures.
- Conducts complex analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
- Serves as the back up to respond to user requests for system needs and upgrades or handles a request that is more complex.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems in an efficient manner with little to no supervision.
- Implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters. * Administers, runs tests on, and maintains operating system and related software.
- Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
- Performs root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members to implement efficiencies.
- Effectively create and maintain relevant systems documentation and user guides.
- Apply scripting methodologies to automate IT Admin related tasks.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven knowledge working with Linux and Windows environments.
- Candidate must have a good understanding of ITIL, including Service Management, Capacity Management, and Change Management.
- The Preferred candidate will have experience in the following:
- Linux (CentOS 6/7)
- Windows 2016 Servers
- AWS (EC2, RDS, Cloudwatch)
- Cisco switches
- PowerShell and Scripting
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work within a team and provide leadership in the design, deployment, and support of IT infrastructure systems
- Provide recommendations, develop and maintain documentation
- Solid experience with AWS server environments
- Solid knowledge of Network devices (routers, switches, security appliances)