Description of the Department
The Tax Services team is a customer focused team; they support the business and client activities of the Operations division of BNP Paribas Securities Services. The team works in partnership with our clients to ensure all client deliverables are met accurately and on time. The team also has extensive interaction and dealings with all teams within the Operations division as well as other internal BNP Paribas Securities Services teams such as the Risk Function and Relationship Management teams.
The Tax Services team is responsible for managing the successful delivery of tax operations services to all of our clients.
This includes the following-
- Managing the client relationship from a tax reporting perspective.
- Ownership of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc client tax deliverables.
- Maintenance of tax reporting infrastructure and templates.
- Tax process control and risk management.
- Working with other departments to resolve internal and external queries.
- SME involvement in transitions and projects.
All services delivered by this team are required to consider current legislative and regulatory requirements and they must comply with operational risk guidelines. The team is involved in all major projects and transitions. Also, the investigation, management and resolution of any client and internal queries or issues which are directed to the team.
Summary of the Role:
The Senior Tax Accountant will report directly to the Tax Manager and is responsible for managing the timely and accurate delivery of reporting and calculation services to clients in accordance with service level agreements. The Senior Tax Accountant is a client facing role and manages the clients and their auditors during tax reporting periods.
In addition to managing the tax reporting for their clients, they will be primarily involved in the review of unit trust distributions and other tax calculations performed by the tax preparation team.
The Senior Tax Accountant is also heavily involved in the testing of processes and templates, update of standard operating procedures, client transitions and projects.
- Accurate and timely delivery of tax reporting deliverables.
- Review distribution calculations, discovery calculations, superannuation fund tax calculations and tax returns.
- Manage clients and auditors throughout the tax audit process.
- Review and maintenance of client tax profiles and security static data used to drive reporting and tax calculations.
- Attending to and responding to client queries.
- Adherence to operational compliance and risk policies.
- Assist in the completion of projects, including testing of tax templates.
- Provide tax training to the team and operations (as required).
- Actively participate and contribute to meeting other team deliverables.