About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Description :
We are seeking an Engineering Lead to join the team building next-generation Could-native Platform’s for the Bank. This platform is the foundation for the new API strategy and enables a modern way of connecting systems across the enterprise and with the external parties. You will work together with exceptional engineers to take on some of the toughest technology challenges and deliver forward-looking capabilities that are vital for the success of the Bank.
- Scope & Impact – Lead large, strategic, and complex area of reengineering Platform’s to run on the Cloud; set architectural direction for the broader organization and help evolve systems toward it.
- Technical Execution – Provide deep knowledge in Cloud technologies; break down complex projects into simple systems that can be effectively built and maintained; analyze and resolve tactical issues across a wide variety of areas.
- Ownership – Responsible for Cloud Platform codebase; estimate and manage timelines and risk; prioritize and value unowned or undesirable work that enables the team to move faster.
- Leadership & Collaboration – Define technical strategy and execute to improve products, infrastructure and processes; influence senior leaders on engineering strategy; collaborate across teams and disciplines to solve problems and resolve technical debates.
- Team Building – Perform code reviews; mentor multiple engineers; lift the skills and expertise of people around; advise managers with insights and recommendations to improve the team; participate in recruiting for the wider organization, not just for positions on the immediate team.
- Signature Strength – Clear expert in modern Cloud-native technologies, demonstrated track record of leading large-scale systems build or re-engineering on Cloud.
- Hands-on Coding – Advanced programming skills in server-side Java or other JVM-based language, good understanding of Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform development), expertise developing solutions using web services and messaging, on premises and/or on cloud.
- Distributed Systems – Strong knowledge of distributed systems concepts, protocols and APIs such as TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, RPC and experience in applying this knowledge for building resilient mission-critical systems.
- Cloud Infrastructure – Experience in building and supporting full-stack Cloud-native solutions involving infrastructure, operating systems, networking, container technologies and application platforms. Fluency with technologies and related tools including Linux, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Cloud Service Providers – Strong knowledge of core services provided by top Cloud providers (AWS, Azure) and experience in applying this knowledge to build robust Cloud-native solutions.
- Development Practices – Track record of owning sizable codebase and understanding practices to ensure that other developers in the team adhere to the quality standards.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.