Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next.
At XPERI, we embrace your uniqueness. Bring your imagination and creativity to us and be a part of a technology company that brings sensory experiences to life; where you will unlock your true potential.
Position: Senior Test Engineer
Are you a Senior Test Engineer with an Image Processing or Audio background?
We need you to join our XPERI Global Imaging & Audio Innovation Business to work on cutting edge Imaging and Audio technologies, employing Machine Learning and AI .
The successful candidate will be part of the Testing team working closely with the R&D team, to evaluate and test our advanced machine learning and AI imaging and audio technologies.
A Day in XPERI as a Senior Test Engineer:
- Lead testing projects to evaluate the quality of image and audio processing algorithms.
- Design and implement automated test cases to check the quality of ML algorithms, products and their features.
- Creates test plans, monitors and executes tests according to plan and project schedule.
- Prepare detailed test reports by filtering and processing complex test results data.
- Create and maintain documentation of test plans and procedures, test-case specifications and test reports
- As a senior engineer take on a coaching role for junior test engineers
- Collect, review and process large data collections and organize into specific testing datasets
- Develop programs that automate the processing of large sets of data and images.
- Design, implement and perform comparative evaluations and benchmarking of imaging features in camera devices.
- Organize, carry out and document automated and manual exploratory testing of imaging or audio products in specific devices or in software applications.
- Help organizing and performing photo shoot sessions to acquire image datasets
- Proficient in one or more computer programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java.)
- Proven experience with automated testing, ideally using scripting languages.
- Familiarity with development tools such as Eclipse IDE.
- Solid experience with data and test results analysis
- Initiative, self-motivation, thoroughness and superior attention to details
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a globally distributed work environment
- Passion for developing great products and working with talented technical teams.
Education and/or Experience:
- S. Degree in Computer Science, electric/electronic engineering or mathematics
- 4+ years of software testing, QA, R&D or programming experience
- Experience with Java, Python or C/C++ programming
Additional Skills (would be added advantage):
- Experience in Machine Learning and AI Development
- Additional scripting and programming experience
- Testing and QA experience for Automotive SW products or technologies
- Experience with Process Quality Assurance in software development (e.g. SPICE, CMMI)
- Knowledge of digital photography and cameras
- Experience in People Management
- Experience in Project Management / participated in projects
- Understanding of digital image or audio processing algorithms (digitization & coding, enhancement & restoration, segmentation and description)