At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
At STERIS, our Field Service Engineers act as the face of our company by ensuring excellent service for our Customers.
The position is field based in Switzerland with a Service Territory that covers Switzerland. The job requires travelling throughout Switzerland and on occasion also Belgium, Germany & Austria. The job requires daily interaction with STERIS Customers.
In this field-based, customer-facing role, you will travel to hospital and surgical facilities to maintain, troubleshoot, service, and provide calibration and installation support for steam sterilizers, medical equipment washers and other STERIS products as needed. In addition, you will be responsible for building positive relationships with Customers and colleagues, as well as completing necessary administrative tasks. In addition, you will be responsible for the following:
• Rapid, on-site response to Customer Service calls.
• The performance of assigned Preventative Maintenance Services in accordance with standard Preventative Maintenance Requirements.
• The troubleshooting and repair of STERIS capital equipment systems.
• The proper documentation of performed services in accordance with Service Operating Procedures.
• Maintain required technical proficiency through the attendance of scheduled training sessions throughout STERIS’ global network of facilities.
• Support installations, start-ups, and delivery of Specialty Services throughout the Service territory, and on certain occasions, beyond the Service territory.
• Work to expand the Customer base throughout the Service territory.
• Support fellow STERIS Sales and Service Employees in the pursuit of Corporate goals.
• Adhere to STERIS, and local regulatory and safety standards in the performance of Service duties.
• Adhere to STERIS Procedures in the documentation of quality issues and complaints.
In your role you will be required to perform a wide range of problem solving including, but not limited to:
• Customer relationship.
• Technical issues supporting the service of STERIS equipment.
• Documentation issues in support of customer good manufacturing processes
• Internal duties involving Service, Manufacturing, Engineering and Sales.
• External duties involving parts suppliers and component manufacturers.
• Various customer duties.
The position requires intense travelling and some physical strength thus a good healthy condition.
• Must: Education and/or several years of experience in servicing of Electric / Mechanical / IT equipment
• Must: German as mother tongue
• Must: Good to very good knowledge of French
• Must: Good to very good knowledge of English
• Must: Type B driving licence
• Must: Fluency in IT tools (Word, Excel, web-based CRM)
• Preferred: Advanced knowledge of IT connectivity solution for equipment
• Preferred: Experience within the healthcare environment
• Preferred: Experience with the management of installation project
• Preferred: Experience with the servicing of Washing-Disinfection / Sterilisation equipment
• Preferred: Experience with the installation of Washing-Disinfection / Sterilisation equipment
• Preferred: Experience with Endoscopy in a Healthcare environment
STERIS plc is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.