Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
We are looking for a Profit Blending and Movement Senior Service Engineer (m/f/d).
The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
The incumbent will be required to work in a service environment – the incumbent has to support field service opportunities e.g. spot works, BGP+, BGP Performa and Optima and maintaining Profit Blending and Movement (PBM) solutions primarily in Europe and North Africa Region but also in Middle East and Africa regions (EMEA) pole. Optimizing service productivity and quality by driving and maintaining standardization will be an important goal. In addition, the incumbent will be required to support occasionally sales with presentations, demonstrations, development of white papers, proposals and estimates. PBM solutions may involve multiple different PBM applications, (both Honeywell applications and third-party applications) and the associated interfaces with other packages, such as Near Infrared Analyzers (NIR), Laboratory Information Systems (LIMS), Process Information Management Systems (PIMS) and Tank Gauging Systems (TGS).
The candidate will be able to work on several smaller field service jobs and larger migration projects simultaneously providing expertise across these jobs. The candidate is also required to provide on-call 24*7 support occasionally for EMEA PBM customers based on a rotation plan.
Knowledge of refinery off-sites and knowledge of other refinery units is mandatory.
Good and up to date knowledge of PBM software (after appropriate initial training in all relevant packages) and ability to apply them throughout the service and project cycle.
The position is a direct staff position with billability to external customer projects, intercompany customer projects and customer support services on average >= 85%.
Responsibilities The applicant will be responsible for:
· Having a knowledge of the PBM product portfolio (after appropriate initial training in all relevant packages). State-of-the-art applications covered by this portfolio consist of the following:
a) A blend ratio control application (Experion Blend Controller)
b) A blend optimization application (Open Blend Property Control)
c) A blending instructions application (Blending Instructions)
d) A blend management application (Blend Management)
e) A tank farm monitoring application (Inventory Monitor)
f) A movement automation application (Movement Automation)
• Having a good working knowledge of Distributed Control Systems (e.g. Experion PKS) and Industrial IT (e.g. RDBMS, Networking, XML Services and state-of-the-art Programming Languages).
· Participating in PBM service jobs and migration projects in a variety of industries in EMEA, so that they meet the client’s needs and meet planned margin.
· Utilizing leading technologies in the delivery of Profit Blending and Movement service and migration projects.
· Driving productivity and quality by standardizing PBM project execution using powerful tools and methodologies.
• Supporting project managers and contracts managers to ensure that contractual scope obligations of PBM projects are met.
Conditions Position requires approximately 30% international travel mostly in the Europe, Middle East & Africa region
Skills / Experience The applicant must have:
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in chemical or Process Engineering, Physics or similar engineering discipline. Nonchemical engineers will need to display excellent process and automation systems understanding and knowledge gained by plant experience.
• Minimum of three (5) years’ experience in the oil-refining industry.
• Minimum of three (5) years’ experience with state-of-the-art Blending and Movement Automation solutions, Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and industrial IT projects.
• Some experience in supporting the sales force including customer presentations, project estimates/calculations and proposal work.
• Preferably holds industrial IT technology certificates (e.g. MCTS SQL Server, Oracle RDBMS Administrator, XML Services and state-of-the-art Programming Languages).
• Preferably holds a Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
• Good written and oral communication skills (in English and German).
• Other major European language (e.g. French, Spanish, Italian) is an advantage.
• Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with customers.