Shannex Inc.- Parkland on the River - Miramichi, NB (1 day ago)
Shannex is a leader in seniors’ accommodation, service and care, providing Care at Home, Parkland Retirement Living and Nursing Home options across the Maritime region for over 30 years. Today we have five Parkland Retirement Living campuses in New Brunswick, and we are continuing to grow with the addition of two nursing homes and a Parkland retirement living campus in Miramichi.
Bridgeview Hall is a new licensed level 3 nursing home located on the Miramichi River in Douglastown. Bridgeview Hall recently opened in June 2020 and became home to 81 residents. This new facility is part of Parkland on the River, a retirement community that offers a broad range of services and a continuum of care to the community.
We have the following opportunity available at Parkland on the River/Bridgeview Hall:
Support Services Manager
Full Time, Permanent
What we offer
- The ability to make a measureable difference in the quality of life for residents and their families
- Benefits eligible first day of work
- RRSP program (employer matching option)
- Free on-site parking
What you will do
Reporting to the General Manager as part of the facility management team the Support Services Manager oversees all servery, housekeeping and laundry functions in each service line. The Support Services Manager is also responsible for the selection, hiring, performance management of employees working within the support services team.
How you will do it
- Supervises and evaluates the support services team, which includes work assignments, training, disciplinary procedures, and performance evaluation;
- Responsible for the management and coordination of operational processes pertaining to housekeeping, laundry, product inventory and asset management.
- Providing leadership and overseeing provision of quality dietary laundry and housekeeping services;
- Assist with the recruitment and onboarding process for the Support Services Team;
- Collaborates with facility managers to develop and implement strategies for housekeeping, dietary and laundry services to accomplish desired quality performance standards;
- Maintains current knowledge of changes in provincial, federal, OHS and other safety codes and regulations as applicable;
- Provides supervision, training, information, and equipment needed for employees to do their jobs safely;
- Oversees housekeeping, laundry, dietary and maintenance product inventory processes;
- Assists facility managers to determine best practices for infection control procedures and practices for Environmental Services;
- Administers the operating budget for support services, verifies and approves invoices for payment; monitors food-costs and control systems
- Schedules and coordinates work projects; inspects work in progress and upon completion for compliance with applicable local, provincial, and federal regulations;
- Promotes a safety culture (or acts as a safety role model);
- Ensures resident safety by following and applying all standard operational procedures, safe work practices and training provided
The must haves
- High School Diploma / GED completion;
- Five (5) years’ experience in support services related department or field;
- Experience in a supervisory or management role;
- fst Food Handlers Course;
- Proficient in computer software and programs related to this field;
- Demonstrated understanding of environmental services, materials and building systems;
- Previous experience in working in nursing homes or health care environment an asset;
- Bilingualism in both French and English an asset.
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for team members where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our colleagues are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization, please apply.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: 56726
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place