Westhaven Ltd has been providing support to children, young people and their siblings, and adults with disabilities to live the life the way they choose for more than 60 years.
We are focused on providing our children, young people and participants with a high level of quality care.
Westhaven employees are rewarded with ongoing benefits including:
- discounted gym memberships,
- on and off the job training,
- Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service and
- Salary packaging.
We are seeking candidates who are interested in joining the Westhaven talent pool for - Service Manager Children's Services.
This is a great opportunity for you to be considered for Service Manager roles that may come up in Westhaven over the next 12 months. Ongoing and temporary employment opportunities may be offered. This talent pool is to be used for positions located in Dubbo, NSW.
If you are deemed suitable for the position, you may be placed on an eligibility list. Applicants placed on an eligibility list are ranked in order of merit. If the position you applied for, or a similar position, becomes available within the period the list is active, the position may be offered to the next ranked candidate on the list. If you are placed on an eligibility list, you will also be given the opportunity for consideration for other similar vacancies that may occur in this period.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, Children Services, the primary objectives of the Service Manager - Children Service is to provide effective leadership, management, and engagement, supporting young people to develop and grow from past traumas to achieve positive socially and economically inclusive futures.
You will be an experienced Service Manager providing leadership, innovative operational solutions, and the highest level of customer service. You will be an experienced Manager within the Disability / Mental Health /Children or Community Sector who has a background of managing large teams. You must have excellent organisational skills and the ability to create and maintain a range of strategic partnerships.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Manage the delivery of services to ensure Children /Young Persons (CYP), services and case plan goals are achieved.
- Monitoring and managing ITC-SD service delivery and performance against targets and budgets.
- Leading and working with the Team Leaders to develop and implement effective participation strategies with CYP to ensure their involvement in service planning, delivery, and policy matters that affect their lives.
- Model and implement a culture of continuous improvement that will improve the CYP experience.
- Accountable for revenue and cost delivery in line with approved budgets.
- Maintain and develop positive working relationships with key stakeholders and partners, including funding and accreditation bodies.
- Ensure responses to complaints and incidents are rigorously followed through to a satisfactory resolution.
- Responsible for achieving accreditation through the preparation of, and participation in internal and external audits.
- Manage compliance with all relevant legislative instruments, accreditation standards, and service delivery guidelines.
- Participate in review and evaluation processes and drive continuous improvement that aligns with accreditation standards including changing processes in line with changes in legislation.
- Ensure compliance with Quality Assurance, Policies and Procedures, and WHS
- Actively participate in, understand, and lead the deployment of the organisation's strategic and operational plans.
- Advise, report, and contribute to business management and improvement.
- Ensure that all statutory child protection requirements are adhered to.
- Provide reflective supervision to ITC-SD Team Leaders.
- Participate in Emergency On call duties as required.
The Successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications, in Social Work, Psychology, Disability or a related field or relevant work experience.
- A proven track record in management and leadership within the community or public sector, with significant service delivery experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the 10 essential elements of Intensive Therapeutic Care and understanding of trauma, attachments, and child development theory.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage people, develop and maintain motivated, professional and customer focused work teams during change.
- Ability to build a strong sense of team ownership and maintain a high-level of staff morale.
- Demonstrated understanding of contractual and financial management principles.
- Demonstrated superior skills in mediation and negotiation, collaboration and consultation with key stakeholders.
- In-depth understanding of NSW Legislation and Standards relating to children and young persons in Out Of Home Care.
- Knowledge of NDIA framework, funding governance, risk and compliance requirements.
- An understanding of compliance and audit requirements to maintain OOHC and VOOHC accreditation standards.
- Ability to align continuous quality improvement and compliance frameworks to the preparation, communication, and execution of operating objectives, plans and programs.
- Driver's Licence valid in Australia.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Completion of the 'NDIS Worker Orientation Module" www.https://training.ndiscommission.gov.au/
- Completion of Joint Protocol module https://www.acwa.asn.au/joint-protocol-training-for-itc-and-residential-care-workers/
- You should prepare a succinct application demonstrating why you believe you are the best person for the position. Your application should include your resume / CV and cover letter addressing why you are the right candidate and should include your claims against necessary skills and experience required for the position.
Demonstrate your presentation skills by preparing a powerpoint or google slides presentation in response to the following questions, you will need to submit this with your application and if you are shortlisted for an interview you will present this as part of your interview.
- What management strategies would you use to manage a team through continued growth?
- What innovative practices could you implement to assist Children and Young Persons live life the way they choose?
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
Any published closing dates are estimates only. We aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close advert as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Confidential enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Service Manager CS - ITC-SD Talent Pool.