DKSH is the leading Market Expansion Services Group with a focus on Asia. DKSH helps other companies and brands actively grow their business in new or existing markets. Publicly listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange since March 2012, DKSH is a global company headquartered in Zurich. With 770 business locations in 36 countries – 740 of them in Asia – and 28,300 specialized staff, DKSH generated net sales of CHF 10.1 billion in 2015. The company a tailor-made, integrated portfolio of sourcing, marketing, sales, distribution, and after-sales services. It provides business partners with expertise as well as on-the-ground logistics based on a comprehensive network of unique size and depth.
- Manage departmental operating budgets and costs according annual allocation ensure efficient usage of resources, where applicable
- Develop and implement short- and long-term sales strategies and plans (e.g. plan sales routes, new cus mer generation, etc.) achieve sales targets for assigned businesses/terri ries
- Assign geographical sales terri ries and establish budgets. Moni r the team's key performance indica r achievements.
- Conduct regular reviews provide feedback on performance gaps and requirements for improvement
- Manage and moni r progress of sales activities, including market hygiene versus client budget and s re call cycles.
- Implement cus mized solutions based on changing markets and trends
- Moni r costs and provide inputs on proper pricing and contract terms achieve targeted margins. Assist in negotiations and deal-closing
- Identify product gaps and improvement opportunities based on lost sales data, cus mer feedback, etc.
- Manage reporting of sales and projected sales/margin forecasts.
- Propose areas for cus mer base expansion based on market knowledge
- Manage continuous improvement on sales processes, sales plans, cus mer satisfaction, etc.
- Analyze collection trends and suggest solutions for prompt payments
- Manage cus mer issue resolutions and recommend preventive actions minimize future incidents
- Develop and build relationships with cus mers achieve business objectives
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders better understand client requirements and leverage cross-product/industry business opportunities
- Manage and oversee team’s delivery of team/function goals drive execution against goals set
- Drive and manage learning and development of team in the area of Field Sales and DKSH behavior achieve team/function goals
- Drive self-learning and improvement in the area of Field Sales and DKSH behavior as part of continuous learning
Functional skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of the industry/market/competi rs/cus mers
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and a proven sales track record in assigned terri ries/products/services and an existing network of contacts
- Demonstrate strong communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate advanced research and analytical skills
- Demonstrate proficiencies in office productivity ols (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate fluency in English (both written and spoken)
Degree or professional qualification in Business Studies/Marketing/Economics or a related discipline
Minimum three five years’ experience in a similar role
Minimum two three years’ experience in a managerial capacity
- Takes a broad view, sees ahead and translates strategy in action
- Works comfortably with concepts and complexity
- Is hands-on and acts with common sense
- Takes informed, well-founded and timely decisions based on sound analysis
- Strives satisfy our cus mers’ and clients’ needs the highest level by providing creative solutions and driving their business
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with empathy, authenticity and esteem
- Takes people seriously and acts with passion
- Is optimistic and translates challenges in opportunities
- Takes charge and acts in a results-oriented way