At Lifeblood, we’re here for all Australians. And although our life-giving role started over 90 years ago with blood, today we support more people in more ways than ever before.
We also help to facilitate the donation of tissue, organs, breast milk, and other life-giving biological products. Plus, we deliver world-class research and provide expertise in diagnostic, transplantation and other clinical services. Everyone at Lifeblood is united through the power of humanity to build a healthier nation.
About the role:
We’re currently seeking a Leader with in-depth clinical expertise to join our team at the Marion Donor Centre. Reporting to the Donor Centre Manager, you’ll provide operational oversight to ensure that the end-to-end donation experience runs efficiently with no compromise on quality or safety.
In this role, you’ll provide direction, inspiration and support for your team to achieve common goals and foster team effectiveness, managing tough issues with respect. You’ll value self-awareness and reflect on your own strengths and areas for development, making you an even stronger leader.
This is a permanent, part-time role with a rotating roster that is created in advance. to view operational hours.
• Deliver a supportive and safe experience to our amazing donors
• Physically insert and remove needles to collect donations
• Act as the first point of contact for any complex donor assessments
• Provide clinical oversight to team to ensure phlebotomy success
• Show pride in upholding our high safety and quality standards
Skills & capabilities:
• Substantial phlebotomy experience with deep clinical knowledge and expertise
• Leadership experience ideally in a clinical environment
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to build a warm connection with donors
• Collaborative with a strong sense of teamwork
• Digital and technical aptitude
• Salary packaging programs which allow you to make the most of your salary
• Rewards program offering discounts on movies, groceries, food & beverage, department stores and travel & leisure
• Discounted health insurance, veterinary care and car hire
• Internal programs focused on your wellbeing and safety
We’re a fast-paced business, so we aim to progress suitable candidates through the hiring process as soon as we receive applications. This may mean the role is filled prior to the advertising close date.
We strive for an inclusive environment where people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives are respected, connected, and able to contribute to the best of their ability, with equal access to opportunities and resources.
As part of our recruitment process, you’ll be required to complete and clear a national criminal history check, medical assessment, employment history check, and a validation of Australian working rights.
For further details on this position please contact MeAndrews@redcrossblood.org.au
While we appreciate all interest in our business, we won’t engage with or accept candidates from agencies or consulting firms on this occasion.
Lifeblood’s top priority is the safety of our donors, staff, volunteers and, of course, blood recipients. Blood and plasma donation remains absolutely vital, and as healthcare settings, our blood donor centres remain open and our teams are ready to welcome donors who are healthy and well.
Our donor centres are safe places and we’ve always adhered to strict sanitation protocols. In light of the current coronavirus pandemic, we’ve implemented further measures to help protect our donors and our teams too. For further information on this, please visit our for updates.