If you are excited about large scale machine learning applications and building the right tooling to get them into production, this opportunity is for you! We are looking for exceptional engineers who are driven to find simple solutions to complex problems and who are excited to stretch themselves as part of a growing team and shape the future of SiaSearch. For this role we are looking for a talented ML engineer with a good mix of theoretical background and the software engineering skills to translate conceptual work into the product.
- State of the art machine learning models for several computer vision applications (object detection, embeddings, etc.)
- Implement unsupervised learning approaches for clustering, similarity analysis and outlier detection
- Build large scale data pipelines for modern machine learning applications
- Research and prototype state-of-the-art machine learning pipelines in production
- Work in close collaboration with our customers and product teams in order to achieve the best possible user experience for our customers
- Design APIs for accelerating ML development workflows in the platform, integrating ML best practices at every step
You should have
- MA/MS in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Solid theoretical background of diverse machine learning techniques
- Experience with some of the typical deep learning tools (PyTorch, Keras, Tensorflow, ...)
- Excited to be part of a small an fast-paced team which is driven by innovation
- Ready to take over responsibility and work independently
- Experience building and maintaining large scale, production data pipelines for machine learning applications
- Solid understanding of cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS)
- Solid competence in software engineering with a common programming language such as Python, C++, or similar
- Excellent oral & written communication skills in German or English
Nice to haves
- Gained hands-on experience with large scale data infrastructures for ML model deployment in production
- Solid understanding and experience with distributed systems
- Experience with Apache Beam, Spark, Flink and/or Airflow
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with databases, their internals and query processing
- Excellent oral & written communication skills in German AND English
At SiaSearch our mission is to accelerate the development of visual AI applications across multiple markets. Our product is a powerful yet simple interface that makes it 10x easier and faster for developers to explore, understand and share visual data at scale. SiaSearch is used by hundreds of machine learning engineers at leading industrial companies and scale-ups across the globe.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, the following aspects are central to our company culture:
- Vision: we are a team of entrepreneurs and inventors who value focus, commitment and goal orientation. We believe in ownership and are looking for team members willing to go the extra mile to bring us to the next level.
- Openness: we believe in flat hierarchies, direct and free communication, transparency and honesty.
- Learning: we grow and learn fast as a team. We are looking for curious personalities with a growth mindset. Be it seminars, workshops, conferences, or other methods, we encourage our employees to continuously develop their personal skill set.
- Way of working: some of us come in during regular business hours, and some of us prefer to start later or earlier. We are a trust-based organization who believes in the ownership and responsibility of our people. We have regular off sites, team dinners and get-togethers which you are welcome to join!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.