Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as Signalling Design Engineer in Melbourne, VIC.
Purpose of the Role:
Conventional Signalling Design Engineer is responsible for the following key areas:
1. Working with the local and offshore design teams to design and implement the hardware designs for following sub-systems.
- New sub-systems including
- Ebilock (CBI)
- Object Controller System 950
- Wayside signalling equipment
2. Modify and / or extend the existing metropolitan conventional signalling systems including
- Computer Based Interlocking – Westrace, Westlock, SSI, Electrologix, Smartlock
- Interface Processors – Control System Gateways, Front End Processors, SIGMAP
- Relay based interlocking
- Wayside signalling equipment
3. Work with the Design Leads to resolve any technical issues associated with design
4. Work with the Contracts and Commercial team to ensure engineering output is ready to be procured and / or manufactured
5. Work with the Delivery and Construction team to ensure engineering output is available when required to be installed
6. Work with the System Integration and Testing & Commissioning Team to ensure the sub-systems are tested and commissioned.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
1. PROGRAM: As delegated by the Design Lead, work with the local and offshore team to produce, regularly update and achieve deliverables against the program.
2. STAKEHOLDERS: As delegated by the Design Lead, liaise with and ensuring the local and offshore teams engage with stakeholders to resolve issues and regular communication
3. QUALITY & COMPLIANCE: As delegated by the Design Lead, work with the local and offshore teams to comply with the Alliance processes and ensuring the deliverables achieve the quality targets
4. Produce Testing and Commissioning plans, including Design Integrity Test Pans.
5. Produce Design Reports and Scope of Work documents.
6. Design, check and review data and circuits to VRIOGS or any other Rail Operators preferred standards.
7. Perform the Tester in Charge role in the commissioning of rail sites around Australia and possibly overseas.
8. Provide mentoring, guidance and technical detail to staff within the department and external to as required
9. Understand the design quality standards of RSS in implement these standards into the works performed
10. Mentors team members on performance, quality and timeliness
It is expected you will have the following qualifications, experience and personal characteristics:
- Minimum 5 years of experience post graduate.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience postgraduate on a signalling project within engineering function.
- Relevant Statement of Competencies required to fulfil the positions requirements.
- A minimum of Senior Design Engineer and Senior Test Engineer Statement of Competency across major Rail Operators such as MTM and ARTC. We specifically seek competency levels of 2 or above in the areas of Circuit and Data Design, Check and Review as well as Principles Testing and Tester in Charge. It is assumed that the incumbent will perform all roles they are deemed competent in.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.