Site Learning Lead – Perm – BioPharma
As the Site Learning Lead working as part of the Business Excellence team, you will play a key role establishing the site learning plan, based on robust training needs analysis to deliver the operational competency requirements for a GXP regulated, manufacturing environment across multiple functions and for implementing the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) learning strategy based on site needs and business objectives.
As the Site Learning Lead, you will oversee the implementation of global training policies and Global Operating Procedures (GOPs) to ensure an efficient, effective and compliant learning system is in place to meet site needs.
You will be responsible for managing the continued deployment and use of Learning Management System platforms, including administration and delivery applications.
The Site Learning Lead will work with their assigned Global Learning Team Business Partner to ensure robust learning system elements are in place and appropriate technical learning solutions are provided for the site’s use.
- Assess training needs across functions at the site to develop and deliver site learning plan to meet performance needs.
- Manage the development and implementation of learning strategy for the facility, based on the GMS Learning Strategy, including creating of technical competency and career maps.
- Ensure overall development and integration of training curricula and programs and measurement of learning effectiveness.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of core training programs and ensure programs are continuously improved.
- Provide technical expertise and resources in the design, development and implementation of new learning programs required based on technical competency maps. Manage internal and external partners and suppliers, along with training and development budgets related to specific initiatives.
- Partner with GMS Global Learning Team to assess and improve site learning system based on results from Learning System Maturity Assessment or similar. Serve as site representative on GMS Global Learning Forum. Partner with site or center Training Leads to prioritize key learning interventions in support of customer requirements and evolving regulatory requirements
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training initiatives at satisfaction, activity, and business outcome levels across all businesses.
- Leverage and continuously improve technology to effective learning solutions to managers and employees.
- Develop learning plans and any associated budgets to deliver agreed business results.
- Supervise site learning team (if any)
- Drive Training Process and Technology re-engineering, innovation, strategy and culture changes – areas of focus include learning analytics, piloting technology for virtual and augmented reality and opportunities for live video link up between Operational Unit/Network sites for remote on-the-job training and coaching, where relevant
- Introduce and integrate Right First Time Culture & Behaviour / Human Performance thinking / culture for the site, looking at trending of data for enhanced human performance and elimination of human error through performance coaching
- Oversee transition to risk-based training assignments and reduction on dependency on SOP read & sign in favour of competency-based training approaches and accreditation of prior learning (APL)
- Represent and defend site learning program during regulatory and / or internal audits and inspections
- Network and benchmark internally and externally to drive improvement and consistency for the site learning system
- Maintain currency of learning proficiency through research of new learning methods and materials to enhance our effectiveness.
- Manage and report site training metrics internally within the site and to global Quality partners
- Manage or oversee the administration of Learning Management System(s) (LMS).
- Coach site OJT trainers to enhanced performance levels to improve the consistency and effectiveness of on the job training across all shifts and areas of the business
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Drive and promote the corporate values within the workplace.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business. Ensure that Accident Reports / Near Miss Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Other duties as required and directed by the Senior Director, CEO or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
- EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Science, Life-science or Engineering discipline required
- Training qualification (Certificate or Diploma level preferred)
- Proven ability to influence at all levels within the organization.
- 2 - 4 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry desirable.
- Experience in leading a training function desirable.
- Experience in instructional design and LMS management
- Excellent knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing and regulatory compliance preferred.
- Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- SME on Learning Systems/Process development and implementation, including performance consulting, coaching, program design and learning methodologies,
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility and ability to assimilate new knowledge and standards quickly,
- Excellent organizational and coaching skills essential
- Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Expects all employees to embody the following:
- Values and Priorities
- Values – Integrity, Honesty, Fairness, Perseverance
- Priorities – Patient Trust, Reputation, Business
- Develop and execute site learning strategy
- Influence people at all levels in the business – demonstrated ability to influence at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop others
- Decision-making and Autonomy (The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
- Adapt to work priorities in response to complex or rapidly changing environment. Has the context of complex operations and global regulations in relation to training systems and processes.
- Implement risk based approached to learning decisions for site in partnership with Quality team.
- Interaction (The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
- Partner with assigned Global Learning Team Learning Business Partner
- Support cross-functional teams and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders in Quality, IT and HR at site level to drive the site learning strategy
- The incumbent may be in contact with Takeda customers, CMOs, vendors and consultants and external Benchmarking bodies. External industry contacts as it relates to staying current on learning methodologies and tools.
The RFT Group, are an Irish recruitment agency specialising exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and medical device sectors across Ireland, Europe and Rest of World.
The RFT Group