McMahon Services are industry leaders in construction, industrial and environmental services. We employ over 750 people Australia-wide and undertake highly challenging and rewarding construction projects throughout Australia.
With offices across Australia, we are continuing to expand opening up many exciting opportunities available. Explore your career with McMahon Services today!
We are currently seeking a professional, driven, and highly motivated person to fill the role of WHSEQ Advisor to be predominately site based on major infrastructure projects.
Reporting to the Divisional Manager, the position will also form part of the wider Civil and WHSEQ Team and require some time and reporting back to head office at Dry Creek, SA.
Work Type: Full Time
Categories: Other Vacancies
Applications Close: Ongoing
- Maintain a sound working knowledge of company safety procedures, legislation and the project management plans
- Promote safety awareness throughout the site workforce, provide ongoing support towards the maintenance of safe site conditions and respond immediately to make safe any unsafe conditions
- Promote compliance with safety rules and procedures and respond immediately to any breaches
- Ensure that all personnel working on the site have undergone the safety induction training
- Assist the Site Supervisor as required in carrying out safety inspections, reporting safety performance data, conducting induction training and conducting daily pre-start and toolbox meetings (where applicable)
- Contribute to the vetting of SWMS (JSEA’s) and monitor the full and proper implementation of agreed safe work methods
- Provide support to the Project Management team; assist in compiling management plans, assist in the establishment of project site folders, be responsible for coordinating Contract Pre-Start Up and to make sure all actions are closed out if defined prior to the commencement of a project
- Provide proactive construction solutions with safety focus
- Follow up corrective actions relating to regulatory authority notices, audits, inspections and incident/injury investigations
- Provide (when on site) First Aid treatment and ensure the proper care of injured persons
- Provide accurate recording of incidents and injuries (liaise with the Return to Work Coordinator)
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
To be successful in this position you must have a minimum qualification of Certificate IV in OHS, or currently be studying in this field, and hold a current First Aid Certificate. A minimum of 3 years’ experience within the building and construction industries in a similar role is essential, with a proven history of working on larger civil and infrastructure projects.
You will need to be highly driven with strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills. Above all, you will possess strong initiative, the desire to develop and grow with McMahon Services and be a great team player.
- The ability to work away may be required in this position
- A competitive salary will be offered to reflect experience and skill
- This position is open only to those eligible to work in Australia
- Applicants must be able to comply with police check and drug testing requirements
How To Apply:
Please click on the link below and send us your resume and all applicable supporting documents with the position referenced in the subject of the email.
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Stay up to date with “The Works",
our projects, people and latest news