Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Global Payments is the parent company for TSYS, Netspend, Heartland, TouchNet, OpenEdge, Xenial, Greater Giving, ACTIVE Network, and AdvancedMD. Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.
What is your role going to be?
• Willing to work in 24x7 environment on a shift basis
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Should be able to work closely with dev teams for coordination and follow-up of production fixes
• Going through code to be able to debug issues.
• Level 2/3 support for analyzing, troubleshooting incidents/issues at the application layer for apps built on Java/J2EE platform.
• Do not need people who are L2/L3 for Infrastructure support.
What are we looking for?
• 2 or more years of troubleshooting applications in the production environment at the application tier
• Good knowledge and understanding of Incident Management, Problem Management tools, and processes.
• Strong investigative and problem-solving skills
• Good knowledge of Windows Server/IIS
• Good knowledge of SQL using MS SQL Server (ability to write simple to complex queries)
• Basic knowledge of dotNet
• Knowledge of application support for web-based & backend applications running simultaneously on multiple servers.
• Hands-on experience in troubleshooting via analyzing the application's technical level logs and running database queries
• Good working knowledge of Excel (lookup formulas, pivot table and charts)
• Hands-on experience on parsing tools (eg. Splunk, Logstash, Elastic Search)
• Shell scripting/Python using Linux.
What might also help?
• Ability to read, write, and understand code and logic
• Knowledge of jobs scheduling, monitoring tools, and troubleshooting job failures
• Knowledge about DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture..
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.