Software architect and developer, EV Charging Infrastructure
Are you smart and energetic enough to join the EVI team, showing an effective and passionate contribution to the team? If that’s that a YES, then let’s sit down and have a talk to see where you can fit in the team and enjoy the fun of working in the rapidly emerging EV market. Making sure ABB will stay the number one in the exploding EV charging market!
ABB is market leader in fast charging solutions which enable 15-30 min. charging time for electric cars, a game-changing technology which allows mass adoption of clean transportation. Next to charging systems, our web-connected fast charging solutions offer a wide range of connectivity features such as remote monitoring, remote management & assistance, payment system and smart-grid integration.
In the beginning of 2018 the application team was created inside the EV product group to become the innovative group of people who can act, feel and create like a startup inside a large corporate organization. In 2019 we have doubled the team and this year we can grow again to be able to serve the need for innovation in this very rapidly evolving market which will change the world of transportation and energy management significantly.
For our application team in Delft or Eindhoven, we are looking for a:
Software architect / engineer, EV Charging Infrastructure
Your technical skills, some key words; smart grid, software architecture, Linux ubuntu, Azure, IoT, Industry automation 4.0, edge computing, CI/CD, Python, cybersecurity, networking, power management, OPC_UA, AI, docker, PLC (high-level), Grafana, charging protocols CCS/CHAdeMO/AC/VAS/…. and DevOps.
Your soft skills/attitude: you will be part multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary innovation team focusing on the electrification of the world wide car fleet, which feels like a startup environment. So when you are a hands-on, flexible, good communicator and a quick learner you will definitely feel at home, in this highly motivated team of about fifteen professional engineers in a nice mix of boys and girls.
The application team (or A-team), takes responsibility from initial concept up to first field deployments including service and supporting the new product introduction into the ABB factories.
Once a product is commercially successful and all basic procedures are there, our baby will be fully handed over in the capable hands of a Product group within ABB to make the step to mass production. Then the application team will take a more consultancy role for this product and continues with new/startup innovations.
Your contribution in the team is to act as an software architect/developer, so be responsible for the full architecture from cloud integration down to edge devices and plc real-time control.
Contributing to a solution that supports the energy management and optimization on the e-Mobility sector. Taking the balance into account between the different internal stakeholders, new creative ideas, the business KPI’s and convert this into a spot on release cycle plan together with the product owner and product manager(s). Since we are a small team would definitely help that you enjoy to write code yourself, figure out some complex OS or network related challenges or execute a test yourself at a customer site.
The team follows the DevOps methodology on all three development layers PLC, Edge and cloud developed. The cloud development is fully integrated and supported by the global ABB ability team industry leaders in their field.
How your day could look like, just a random pick of the task which could occur:
• Start the week with your small team in a stand-up (remote now so also a social event in this corona times..).
• Have a remote meeting with the global cloud ability team in Bergamo Italy or Helsinki Finland.
• Design/improve the architecture of the power management applications form real-time field control up to cloud level predictions, trading and customer user interfaces.
• Join a customer meeting in Sweden to support the local ABB sales organization, by explaining the added value of our energy management system to the customers operations.
• Prepare and execute a full system test at a customer site or in our brand-new facilities in Eindhoven or Delft.
• Join the global cybersecurity meetings and determine how this would fit into your architecture.
• Pick up a use story and implement an algorithm to make a battery energy storage system more efficient.
• Get training on the latest and greatest EV charging systems on service and expert level.
• Get into an enthusiastic discussion with sales and product management on some new features for charging airplanes.
• Support the Formula E race in Hongkong or Rome.
• Come up with some good ideas how-to optimize the system testing and make sure the customer requirements are met.
• Enjoy the team events about two times a year, where we take turns to come up with something fun to do together.
Requirement on skills
• You have a technical degree (HBO or TU level) with a medior working experience (>5 years) in a technical environment.
• You are a perfect communicator and a team-player with excellent organizational skills.
• You like a fish in the water with Linux and docker.
• You have a very good understanding of networks architecture and configuration.
• You feel very comfortable with languages like; Bash, C# sharp and Python.
• You are self-reliant and able to proactively engage colleagues outside the DevOps team.
• Very important soft skills in this innovation team is that you are able to; keep moving forward with uncertain requirements, curiosity in new technologies and eager to implement.
• You have a good knowledge of English (Dutch a plus or you like to learn).
We offer you a varied job in an international group that attaches great importance to the development of its staff, as well as to quality and safety. In this position, we also offer you the opportunity to specialize in ABB products and systems. Of course, we offer you a competitive and attractive package of employment conditions.
Register your CV and apply online via www.abb.nl by clicking on ‘Careers’. For questions regarding the open position please contact Jacqueline Pereboom, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: + 31 (0)10-4078214.
Your application will be forwarded to email@example.com
Please review all application instructions before applying.