Liferay Cloud Inc. is looking for an experienced Tech Lead for our API team.
About Liferay Cloud
Liferay Cloud has grown from a handful of people into an established group present in all regions of the globe. The Liferay DXP Cloud platform evolved from a simple concept into an enterprise-ready solution. Our customer base now serves hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.
About You and this Role
You love the challenge of new technologies. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and are always wanting to leave things better than when you found them. You love working with a team of dedicated people, who are excited about making a direct impact on our customers.
- Develop, Review, Release, and Support Liferay Cloud products and services
- Take on the most difficult technical challenges faced by the team and provide actionable solutions/implementations
- Provide technical expertise to members of the team including product, design, business, sales, and engineering
- Lead technical discussions, planning sessions, retrospectives
- Learn and adapt to new technologies with little to no prior knowledge or experience
- Lead and take ownership of complex features or issues
- Encourage TDD culture utilizing our SDLC process
- Help our group deliver on OKRs
- Help our team drive and deliver continuous innovation driven by the Business
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid experience leading complex implementations or projects end to end
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with at least one managed Kubernetes service (e.g. GKE, EKS, AKS)
- Understanding the OWASP Top Ten Application Security Risks and how to mitigate them
- Ability to multitask, stay organized, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Professional experience with GKE (Google Kubernetes Engine)
- Professional experience with AKS (Azure Kubernetes Service)
- Any of the following certifications:
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Google Cloud Certified Professional DevOps Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Network Engineer
What do we offer
- Competitive salary & benefits package according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally. We like to Stay Nerdy!
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.