Job Title: EN-FR-03: Software Development Engineer (SDE)
Purpose of the Job
He/she performs Software Development activities on the project assigned.
He/she performs integration of the software modules developed for a project. •
Position in the Organisation
Hierarchical: Software Domain Leader
Operational: Software Development Leader•
Network & Links
- Train Control Engineer / Control Engineers
- Train Control & Monitoring System – Subsystem Engineer
- Verification & Validation Engineer
- Quality of his delivery (included sub-contractor delivery):1st time quality rate > 90% (quality rate = modification validated OK / number of modification applied)
- Respect of the delivery planning (included sub-contractor delivery):100% OTD
- Level of application of std Methodologies and Processes for his / her project: 100%
- Continuous improvement or Return on Experience (RoE) management from previous projects: 0 missing RoE•
- Delivery of Train Software module and integration of the module, according to his / her Engineering Work Package.
- Deployment and application of Train Control & Information Solutions development procedures and processes on his / her project.
- Producing MPU Control Build Software Model in compliance with TCMS RSAD, Functional Design Document, Interface Control Document, taking into account the RAMS constraints.
- Developing software / modules for TCMS equipment (while assuring and maximizing the reuse of standard configurable software components
- Generating executable code and configuration to be loaded on the TCMS equipment : MPU (Main Process Unit), MCE (Multi-application Control Electronic) , DDU (Display Driver Unit) , MVB/WTB, gateway, CRS/TRS
- Producing the software integration plan, integrate various functions and provide reports, as applicable.
- Providing support for Supplier interface test on TCMS Test Bench
- Providing support during train integration, upon request.
- Providing support during train validation, upon request.
- Managing the RoE of his activity for both design process and applicative function library
- Implementing the development practices and rules as defined in the Train Control support plans (SyMDP, SyQP, SCMP, SyVP).
- Resolving and follow the open points of configuration management raised by the Quality Assurance of the TCMS Software•
Knowledge & Experience
- Hands-on development experience of one or more software phases like software development, hardware-software integration etc, with minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Experience in developing in IEC61131-3 software or using model-based development tools like MATLAB / Simulink, Control Build etc.
- Familiarity with real-time, distributed controllers and their functioning.
- Knowledge of real time network protocols like MVB, Ethernet, CAN, RS232, RS 485 etc •
• Not Applicable
• Optimisation of codes