You are a leader and a pioneer. You want to be on the cutting edge of innovation, writing and publishing code for software that will benefit others.
You are a builder. You’re smart and gets things done. You’re passionate about coding, and problem solving. It’s more than just a hobby, it’s a passion. You want your time and effort to go to a meaningful cause you can believe in.
We Know Training is looking for a full-time Software Developer to join our Platforms team. An ambitious and talented full-stack developer looking for their next full-time gig. The successful candidate will design and develop new features and provide operational support for our online training platform, RapidLMS, and its surrounding ecosystem of applications. We’re a collaborative and innovative team, looking for someone who wants to contribute to a platform that has a huge impact in the world of regulated and credentialed training.
If that sounds like your thing, apply now. Please include a brief cover letter with your resume.
- Work with Product Manager to maintain project timelines and customer satisfaction
- Design and develop product enhancements as well as new features for all parts of our platform
- Write code and supporting tests following quality guidelines to implement platform changes
- Release & monitor your code and participate in peer code review & some QA in an agile environment
- Take personal ownership of project work to deliver features with predictability and on time
- Recommend and participate in codebase refactoring
- Writing clean, well-thought-out, high quality, reliable and robust code
- Help shape the future of We Know Training’s software platforms, with an emphasis on user experience
- Understand and interact with your users and target market to better design and build a system that will provide them with what they need
- Work with a great team to create robust scalable architecture
- Investigate, debug, and fix platform issues
- Liaise with sales & support teams around more complicated platform issues.
- Participate in off-hours/on-call rotation response team during platform emergencies or maintenance
- Manage status page updates
- At least 1-3 years of professional programming experience
- Post-secondary education in information technology, computer science, or a related field is an asset
- Proactive approach to analyzing and delivering technical solutions to business problems
- Thorough understanding of the Ruby-on-Rails framework is an asset
- Knowledge and experience with PostgreSQL is an asset
- Proficiency in building user interfaces with Angular/HTML/CSS/HAML is an asset
- Experience with GraphQL is an asset
- Experience deploying to Docker/Kubernetes-based environments is an asset
- Strong communication skills, and ability to explain technical concepts to a range of individuals (from developers to clients)
- Interest and integrity to work as part of an Agile team based in Edmonton
Why We Know Training
We Know Training is a full-service, go-to provider of credentialed online training. We offer everything needed to build, deliver, and distribute online training in regulated and public-serving industries. We are fast-moving and growth-oriented company, with an aggressive 10-year outlook. Your teammates here will be creative, smart, and curious, and your career trajectory here will have almost limitless growth potential.
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits, with Life, Disability and other insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible paid time off program
- Casual dress environment
- Fun company culture
- Subsidized bus passes
- Growth potential