Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for managing the interchange and integration of data between various enterprise systems and servers. The primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. The position is also responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application.
· Design and create (micro)services and collaborate on system architecture
· Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
· Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products
· Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
· Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, focusing on coding, testing, and debugging
· Works on the maintenance or enhancement of existing data structures
· Researches evaluates and analyzes technical and design requirements
· Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
· Be a positive team player, contribute and provide constructive feedback to other team members
· Other duties as required
· Flexible, Creative, Committed, Honest, and Results-Oriented.
· Creative and analytical approach to problem-solving.
· Able to break down complex problems into concrete parts.
· Ability to build trust-based relationships both internally and externally.
· Positive attitude and ability to empathize.
· Partially client-facing
· Able to independently lead smaller initiatives and small teams and able to lead larger initiatives/teams with guidance
· University graduate in fields such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology or relevant experience.
· 10+ years of Software Development experience
· 5+ years experience in Sr. Development roles
· Angular 2.X or above
· 12-Factor Development practices
· Security by Design, End-to-end encryption, SSO/SAML
· Technical communication internally
· Technical documentation (sequence diagrams, call-flow diagrams, design documentation, architecture documentation, user case documentation, user story definition, etc)
· Strong debugging, diagnosis, and complex problem-solving abilities.
· SCRUM/Agile project practices.
· Code Reviews of other developers work for best practices, potential defects, security issues, and style.
· Cloud Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS – EC2, EC2, RDS, ELB/ALB, IAM, Route53) or similar
· Cloud Native Platforms: Heroku or Pivotal Cloud Foundry (preferred)
· Strong interaction with BAs and Scrum Masters to provide feedback on client needs, implementation complexity, and estimates of effort.
· Strong interaction with other Developers on best practices, brainstorming, option comparison, and critical thinking.
· Complex integrations with public, semi-public, semi-private, and private APIs, data providers, and other systems.
· Modern software architecture – REST APIs, Microservices, Distributed Design, SPA.
· Performance and scalability optimization and testing.
Blanc Labs accelerates innovation for financial institutions and other industry leaders through a core focus on emerging technologies. Headquartered in Toronto, the firm builds cutting-edge technology in full partnership with clients in North & South America. We empower clients to enhance their digital offerings and bring creative solutions to market faster. Learn more at [...] Labs is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.