At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Software Engineer for the Train Control and Management System in our site in Mannheim, Germany
About the role:
The Software Engineer Role applies the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of software and systems to fulfil the stakeholder requirements. He/She designs, analyses, develops, tests and demonstrates engineering solutions that solve complex customer requirements.
Software development for vehicle control (TCMS - Train Control & Monitoring System for light rail vehicles):
Specification of functional requirements regarding software (requirements engineering)
- Specification of interfaces (interface documents) to the respective subsystems and coordination
- Specification of software requirements and design
- Implementation and software development regarding Basic Integrity and Safe SW (<= SIL 2) (IEC 61131) according to EN50657
- Implementation of software module tests and developer tests
- Specification of (software) integration tests of functional groups or subsystems in the laboratory and developer testing
- Support of software testing during vehicle commissioning for TCMS
- Technical clarification and coordination with customers, system managers and suppliers in the area of vehicle control software
- Reporting of assigned project tasks & budgets and schedules
- Monitoring metrics on the status of critical tasks and objectives as well as expediting project related issues and topics.
- Execution of engineering reviews
- Implementation of standards and norms in daily work
- Experience in software development in IEC 61131 according to EN50657
- University or university of applied sciences degree (electrical engineering or automation technology, technical computer science)
- Ability to present complex technical contexts in a structured way and to document them professionally
- Result oriented and deep knowledge of programming of control systems
- Knowledge of safety-critical software and highly available systems and standardization
- Knowledge of communication software for field buses (MVB, Ethernet)
- Experience in Graphical user interfaces, software design in UML
- Good communication skills , working in an international team
- MS Office, PDM, Enterprise Architect, Application lifecycle management (ALM), IBM Rational Team Concert (IBM RTC), DOOR'S
- Work experience in software development is required
- Good written and spoken German and
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.