Benevity is the global leader in online workplace giving, matching, volunteering and community investment software, and we are seeking a talented Software Developer to join our growing technology team. On this team you will design and build innovative applications that enable our clients to give back to thousands of great causes around the world.
Many of the world’s most iconic brands rely on Spark, Benevity’s award-winning cloud solution, to power corporate “Goodness Programs” that attract, retain and engage today’s diverse workforce by connecting people to the social causes that matter to them.
Who you are
- You are an experienced PHP/Laravel developer, looking to join and expand our team
- You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You love creating API’s
- You subscribe to the idea that companies should be socially responsible
- Your strength is in designing, building and deploying scalable, highly-available systems
- You have the ability to think abstractly and deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems
- You have the ability to support all stages of the software development life cycle
- You find fulfillment in mentoring and leading junior engineers and helping them develop their skills and leadership abilities
- You have the ability to implement architectural and infrastructure changes
What you bring
- Post-secondary or graduate degree
- Minimum of 3 years of recent production-quality product development experience with the Laravel framework
- Familiar with AWS and supporting applications in a distributed cloud-based environment
- Strong working knowledge of SQL (MySQL and MS SQL Server)
- Expertise with object-oriented software design methodologies, design patterns and best practices
- Comfortable working in a Linux command-line environment
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Significant exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming including design patterns, hardware and software requirements, system requirements and deployment protocol
- Experience with iterative, agile development methods, processes and techniques, such as trunk-based development, and test-driven development
- Willingness to lead technical sessions and mentor colleagues in topics related to software development and architectural best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Go to Work and Change the World
Looking for meaningful work where you can have an impact? Benevity is the place for you.
We’re a fast-paced (and fast growing!) software company in the business of doing good. Our market-leading cloud solution powers Goodness programs that help some of the world’s most iconic brands engage their people, customers and communities by connecting them with causes they care about.
As a B Corp, we’re thrilled to be part of the next wave of companies that are committed to higher social and sustainability standards—a commitment you’ll see reflected in our mission-driven culture.
If you want to feel good about going to work every day, Benevity delivers. We’re an agile, high-performing team and we need new team members—people like you—to help us continue to innovate game-changing technology, and help our raving fans (er, clients!) successfully run world-class Goodness programs that create a culture of purpose and passion while making a positive difference in the world.
Imagine using your skills to catalyze a network of 10 million+ people from hundreds of the most recognizable global brands to connect with millions of charities around the world. At Benevity, you can!
When you Work at Benevity
- You’ll have the once-in-a-career opportunity to be a part of a movement—helping some of the world’s most iconic brands drive social change and create a better employee experience that can attract, retain and engage today’s diverse workforce.
- You’ll make more than just a paycheck. You’ll have the opportunity to combine your passion with purpose every day while achieving tangible results. Just last year our team delivered nearly 1,000 feature enhancements; not to mention we’ve continued to build game-changing products while processing over $2 billion in donations and 10 million volunteer hours to 150,000 charities worldwide.
- You’ll join a high-performing, purpose-driven team that will help you advance your skills and adopt the growth mindset that’s essential to success at our company (and in everyday life). Our inclusive environment will allow you to come to work each day and be your best, most authentic self.
- You won’t find a lot of office policies and politics around here, but you will find dogs. You’ll also find a lot of passionate people who are all owners in the company. That doesn’t just mean potential equity in the company (though it means that, too!), but also a sense of responsibility and pride that we’re in this thing together.
Our Commitment to a Diverse Culture
We believe in the power of diversity and we’re dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment at Benevity. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
A Place for all Genders in Tech
Gender diversity and equality benefits everyone. We’re committed to supporting all gender identities and expressions in tech by sharing stories and advocating for equality. We’re also proud to partner with forward-thinking organizations like Chic Geek and Next Gen Men , who continue to build a more vibrant, inclusive and diverse technology landscape.
While we sincerely appreciate every application received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.