The Cloud and Secure Development Tools Automation team is responsible for developing services and automation that supports Expedia’s Security Tools. Some examples include, ingesting millions of lines of logs to our data lake to developing automation to block malicious activities. We also build software, scripts, and automations for delivery, support, and rollout of Security solutions across EG. Recently we have expanded our charter to extend some of our Security Services to the EG Cloud.
What you will do
· You will work with a team of Software engineers to implement large scale systems on the AWS platform.
· Collaborate with business partners, program management, and engineering teams to ensure that solutions meet business needs and have functional feasibility and robustness.
· You will communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed multi-functional teams.
· Keep abreast of latest data engineering development and share knowledge with the team
· Develop a good understanding of the Security domain, our data landscape and how data can help optimize the work of our business partners.
· Gather and manipulate large volume of data, build datasets, select and engineer machine learning model features.
Who you are:
· You have a degree in software engineering, computer science, informatics or a similar field.
· You have 2+ years of meaningful work experience in distributed computing projects.
· You are comfortable programming in Scala/Java/Python and have hands-on experience in OOAD, design patterns, and SQL.
· You are passionate about learning, especially in the areas of micro-services, APIs and system architecture.
· Experience of using cloud services (e.g. AWS)
· Practical knowledge of implementing machine learning pipelines is a plus. (AWS Sagemaker, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras).
· You have experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
· Experience with Security tools/applications is a plus.
· You are familiar with the e-commerce or travel industry.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer.
We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
#LI-ST1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.