About the Team
AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. We offer a cloud service marketplace and management platform that enables companies to distribute web-based services. The global network of AppDirect-powered marketplaces allows businesses to find, buy, and manage the best applications the cloud has to offer.
With our award-winning platform, service providers can launch a state-of-the-art online application store within a matter of weeks, while developers can integrate once and make their software available across multiple marketplaces worldwide. Our products offer more advanced features and tools than any other competitive solution, putting AppDirect at the forefront of the rapidly evolving market for cloud services delivery. Our team is known for being collaborative, talented, creative and focused on continual improvement.
We are rapidly expanding and looking to hire talented and ambitious software engineering talent in Buenos Aires. As a member of the team, you will grow, and manage a distributed network of marketplaces and applications. We love entrepreneurial spirit and those who bring experience from established organizations. You are highly technical and you have strong communication and leadership skills.
What you’ll do and how you’ll make an impact:
- Hire and train talented software and automation developers.
- Conduct engaging interviews, complete objective job reviews, and mentor developers. Set and review professional development goals for your team members.
- As an Agile coach, you will help the team adopt a continuous improvement type of mindset.
- Balance SMART and Stretch goals.
- Define release plans and help the team remove roadblocks.
- Foster adoption of software development best practices.
- Architect and build systems that can process a high volume of transactions.
- Design, implement, and support scalable fault tolerant systems to minimize customer impact in case of failures.
- Participate in the effort to move to a microservice architecture.
- You'll work shoulder to shoulder with some of the best people in different disciplines like product management, design and customer support.
What you’ll need:
- Solid understanding of Agile principles and practices.
- Proven track record of setting and reviewing professional development goals for your team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Solid experience leading projects and development teams.
- Being capable of creating and validating technical designs and of architecture.
- Knowledge of web service technologies and building REST APIs.
- No technical challenge is too great: fast thinker and problem solver.
- B.S. degree (or higher), finished or in progress, in Computer Science or related field.