Full-stack Software Engineering Role in Bengaluru, India for e-commerce platform of one of the largest beauty retailers in South East Asia. Looking for 3-5 years of Ruby on Rails / VueJS experience, familiarity with AGILE, TDD, Git and *nix systems, strong problem solving and communication skills with good CS fundamentals.
Sephora, a division of LVMH - Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, is a global leader in beauty retailing. It successfully operates more than three thousand points of sale across Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia. Its aim is to animate the most loved beauty community in the world.
Sephora Asia is a high growth division of Sephora. Our teams run omni-channel retail businesses in markets such as Australia, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea & Thailand, franchise operations in India and Indonesia and e-commerce in Philippines. Our success is built on innovation, a unique product portfolio, market leading digital capability, and our exceptional people!
Sephora South East Asia’s technology team designs, builds and operates the technology eco-system that powers e-commerce across 9 different SEA markets. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver impactful products with tangible business value with an engineering team with strong culture and focus on technical excellence.
Position : Software Engineer [ Bengaluru, India ]
Sephora SEA’s technology team seeks to hire a full-stack Software Engineer for one of its internal teams (we call it a squad) which is responsible for building products that directly impacts how our customers interact with our website & apps. This “User Squad” team, which you will be a part of, aims to provide Sephora customers with a seamless omni-channel experience.
What You Will Do
You will be working on technology products tasked with delivering our customers an omnichannel, cross country, and personalized experiences on both our online and retail stores. On a day to day basis, you will be designing services, building clean, highly scalable systems, managing complex integrations for the creation of features and products related to functional areas like users’ account management, user registration & authentication processes across multiple customer facing systems, integration with Loyalty Program (currently provided by an external CRM system), etc. for our e-commerce platform.
- Participate in AGILE Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for our user-centric technology solutions with both local and remote team members
- Design scalable and extensible web applications / services (e.g APIs) with optimal security and performance
- Optimize and re-architect existing solutions for scalability and extensibility
- Actively participate in team practices on Test Driven Development, peer reviews and general knowledge sharing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement features spanning beyond the user squad’s domain
- Strong skill sets with web technologies and prior experience with one of Ruby on Rails (preferred), Python/Django, NodeJS/Express or any such MVC frameworks
- Familiarity across the related tech stack (HTML, CSS, SQL, NoSQL, Job queues, Caching)
- Proficient with version control systems like Git and working experience with *nix systems
- Experience with writing unit tests / TDD
- Between 3-5 years of relevant work experience (ecommerce experience is a plus)
- Strong problem solving skills and CS fundamentals - algorithms, data structures etc
- Some experience with systems design and familiarity with design patterns
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with an ability to communicate technical information, both written and oral, to technical and non-technical reviewers
- Self-organized with strong sense of responsibility and ownership with penchant for timely delivery
Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.