Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal India Pvt. Ltd. located in Chennai, India is one of the largest development centers of PayPal, located outside North America and has been in existence for more than 10 years. The state-of-the-art facility located on OMR, Sholinganallur, Chennai is responsible for building several vital products that enable PayPal's various online and offline businesses. PayPal as a company is in the middle of a large scale technological transformation and is keenly interested in hiring talented technologists who can innovate constantly and compete fiercely in a vibrant and highly competitive payments space. Team: Growth Markets Engineering Team ================================== The “Growth Markets Engineering Team” is responsible for developing and rolling out new products for PayPal’s customer base in markets seeing high commerce growth across the world such as Mexico, Brazil, Japan and India. Our charter is to double down and drive the next wave of growth for PayPal’s consumer and merchant bases globally, to propel new user acquisition, provide platform expansion through ubiquity, bring in new revenue through partnerships and to contribute actively to our organization’s mission of democratizing financial services. Role: ==== The role is for an experienced software engineer working on building futuristic and delightful payment platform features and experiences for PayPal's diverse customer base in India and other Growth Markets. The role will involve working with business teams, product teams, architects and engineers located across our global offices..
- Demonstrate a customer centric mindset as part of day-day work.
- Lead the design and development of high impact payments initiatives for PayPal’s Growth Markets.
- Actively work towards developing products that meet high standards of security, scalability, performance and reliability.
- Act as a bridge between product and technology teams and marry business needs with technology solves.
- Work closely with the solutions architect, engineering leaders and the engineering team to deliver solutions for the customers.
- Be a hands-on individual contributor, who can design solutions, code them, as well as review the deliverables of other team members.
- Work closely with our integration teams and merchant partners to arrive at best in class payments experiences for our merchants.
- Research, assess, and recommend external technologies and products for their applicability to complex project requirements and contribute to the development of new company concepts.
- Collaborate with core platform and infrastructure teams to satisfy the infrastructure needs for payments solutions.
- As the market and customer needs evolve, be able to challenge status quo and evolve the platform to be future-ready at all times
- Understand the payments business and how technology decisions impact the business.
- Sense evolving business trends and translate them into needs into technology solves.
- Represent the company in external industry and academic forums.
- The role may require an annual travel of 2-3 weeks to our engineering centers world-wide.
Technology Thought Leadership
- Have strong business and technical vision and the ability to communicate this vision to multiple stakeholders.
- Be customer focused and passionate about providing world-class solutions for millions of customers across the world.
- Have deep conceptual and technological understanding of contemporary concepts such as mobile development, cloud computing, social networking, Big Data etc.
- Take risks and thrive in an environment of constant change.
- Exhibit strong leadership and exceptional technical skills, hands on programming skills.
- Built high traffic Web and Service oriented apps using Open Source Technologies
- Built REST API’s using open source frameworks like JAX-RS
- Experience in refactoring existing code base and in understanding existing implementations to decide to refactor or rewrite.
- Ability to hit the ground running from day 1 working on complex systems and working independently.
- Experience designing systems spanning multiple domains
Technical Hands-on Skills
- Strong Object oriented programming skills and expertise in one of C++, Java/J2EE.
- Strong working experience and exposure to one or few of the following: node.js, Python or scala
- Experience with REST API’s, Web Services, Unit Testing and build tools.
- Working experience with databases such as MSSQL/ Oracle etc.
- Exposure and Understanding of NoSQL databases and micro services is a plus.
- BSCS plus 12+ years / MSCS plus 8 years of experience in software development and architecture
- An advanced degree in computer science or a closely related field.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.