Position title : Associate I Software Engineer
Business Function: Technology
Reporting to: CDS Pricing development lead
Department : Pricing
Markit Pricing Data provides robust coverage across bonds, CDS, Structured products and loans pricing, as well as equity volatility data and securities lending data for stocks and bonds. Besides these, we also provide derived data like Liquidity, Sensitivity for these asset classes utilizing our state of the art products.
This position is required to own, develop and support the new product services being developed and current applications. The role involves hands-on development and support of the systems, working with a distributed team. Good understanding of finance domain, especially in CDS will be a plus.
Duties & accountabilities
• Design, develop and maintain various pricing systems.
• Support the Production, Simulation, QA and Development environments.
• Responsible for timely and Quality delivery.
• Develop tools to support and optimize day to day tasks faced by our analysts.
• Work with testers to ensure the right test coverage is achieved for a release, from unit to acceptance test level.
• Drive innovation and adaption of best practices.
Business competencies , Education and experience
• Degree in Computer Science.
• 2+ years of experience developing applications.
• Should have excellent knowledge of Core Java as well as working exposure to Java Concurrency API. Should have good experience working on systems developed using Java, Spring, Swings.
• Should have good designing skills in Java.
• Good knowledge of SQL and Oracle. Knowledge on advanced concepts like analytics would be a plus.
• Experience with java middleware and Linux.
• Ability to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Having exposure to web applications and AWS cloud-native tools is a plus.
• Understanding of basic financial market terminology, especially Credit space is desirable, but not essential
Personal competencies & Personal impact
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Displays energy, drive, and stamina.
• Open-minded, flexible, and willing to adapt to changing situations.
• Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones
• Focused on delivery
• Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
• Must be a strong team player.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team.
What You'll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.