PDI helps convenience retailers and petroleum wholesalers thrive through digital transformation and enterprise software that enables them to grow topline revenue, optimize operations and unify their business across the entire value chain.
Over 1,500 customers in more than 200,000 locations worldwide count on our leading payments, marketing & insights cloud, ERP, logistics, fuel pricing, and security solutions to provide insights that increase volume, margin, and customer loyalty, all while connecting the digital ecosystem and protecting data. For more than 35 years, our comprehensive suite of solutions and unmatched expertise have helped customers reimagine their enterprise and deliver exceptional customer experiences. Backed by the investment of TA Associates, Genstar, and Insight Capital Partners, PDI is embarking upon an aggressive expansion strategy through internal investment in development as well as intensive M&A activity. The result will be a broader, more powerful, global company that serves customers across the entire supply chain.
As a Software Engineer III, you will be part of an agile team responsible for developing, testing, delivering & maintaining features for our logistics solutions. Collaborating with your team members, scrum master & product owner, you will regularly identify opportunities to improve deliverable quality and team productivity. You must be comfortable working in both Windows & Linux environments and ready to learn new programming languages & technologies.
- Oversee and contribute to design decisions for new and existing application development, proactively escalating issues and seeking assistance to overcome obstacles
- Lead small and medium sized projects guiding and training less experienced engineers
- Work with Architecture and DevOps teams to evaluate tools, process, and technologies
- Prepare and provide project status and risk assessments to their manager with appropriate levels of detail to ensure that programs stay on schedule
- Make recommendation for data model and framework improvement, analyzing trends, patterns and best practices for software
- Participate in all activities & ceremonies as an agile team member developing software solutions for PDI
- Participate in design decisions for new and existing application development, proactively escalating issues and seeking assistance to overcome obstacles
- Perform testing to ensure systems meet documented user requirements
- Compile test results to provide data for use in solving problems
- Use a disciplined approach in an Agile environment to assist in analysis and determination of preferred solutions to technical challenges
- Perform engineering level tests to find defects; troubleshoot and debug development and production issues, collaborating with other engineers to develop optimal product test plans
- Work with product owner to clarify and estimate feature work
- Work with QA Engineers to develop optimal product test plans and resolve new feature issues as QA finds bugs during release stabilization
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 5-9 year's experience designing and developing new or maintaining existing software applications in a software product development environment
- 1+ year of experience serving as a technical team lead
- 2+ years of practical experience with Agile development methodologies
- Working experience with Visual Studio or VS Code and source control (TFS, Git, SVN)
- Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to help others and take action
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to socialize ideas and influence decisions without direct authority
- Collaborative in nature with a strong desire to dig in and learn independently and as well as through asking questions
- Considers ‘best-practice’ standards, as well as departmental policies and procedures
- Computer science fundamentals: OOP, design patterns, data structures & algorithms
- Retail and wholesale petroleum industry knowledge & experience preferred
PDI’s employee-oriented culture provides a supportive and dynamic work environment for high achievers. PDI seeks individuals who value continuous learning, hold high ethical standards, and are top performers in their respective fields. We offer competitive wages, professional development, superb culture, and a highly competitive benefits package. For more information about PDI, please visit our website at [...] PDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We verify employment eligibility for all new hires using E-Verify.