1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at [...]
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Software Engineer at Vadodara India Technology Center.
The ideal candidate will provide software development throughout the systems development life cycle, while focusing as early as possible on complex features and interfaces. Work closely with other development engineers, product and project managers, and other testing departments to develop software from the commercial specification. Test and Validate developed software with pump control system.
A) List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
- Participate in M&C (Monitoring and Controls) product development: preparation of design, specifications, analysis and recommendations for development of new products.
- Works closely with the Sweden and ITC engineering team to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Follows standard R&D software guidelines for creating code, documenting code, storing code, testing and implementing the software, in the field when necessary.
- Participate in software design and testing with Sweden and ITC engineering teams
- Assist end users in the implementation of their specific software requirements
- Interface with Product management, customers, marketing & sales in providing technical guidance on products developed.
- Keep well informed of new features and products/services. Be proactive in understanding product/service roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers or self-training.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Part 2 Describe the Person
A) Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience)
4-Year bachelor’s degree in Computer / Information Technology
At least 3-5 years of professional experience in areas directly related to front end user experience and back end services for large scale, high performance environment
B) Describe the most important competencies required of the individual.
- Experience with Angular.js
- Experience working with Web Server
- Knowledge about Linux
- Working knowledge about Bitbucket or GIT
- Working experience in Agile or scrum based methodologies and tools like JIRA
- Good to have knowledge about:- Linux based RTOS / Embedded Linux, Embedded Webserver, Embedded Databases, XML, XSD
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standard
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
C) Other: Comment on items not included above.
Skills and Abilities
- A high-energy, self-motivated, results oriented individual
- Strong technical, communication, and inter-personal capabilities
- Bias toward speed, strong sense of urgency
- Comfortable with customers and a customer advocate
- Listens and works well in team environment
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Learns new concepts quickly and autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Searches out the best practice with continuous improvement mindset
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other communication tools
- Fluency in English language is must
Stamina and Adaptability
- Capable of working with cross functional teams
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones
- Extensive lab testing, moving small equipment
- Electrical test labs, high voltage potentials.
- Pump controls & test machines and rooms, high voltage potentials, mechanical hazards (moving machinery), high temperature hazards (hot metal, sparks)
- Occasional travel, both domestic and international