At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Software Engineer responsible for?
What are the ongoing responsibilities of Software Engineer?
Software Engineering: Develops new code and configuration for complete features Reviews source code of more junior engineers Provides oversight for junior engineers work product by incorporating basic business domain knowledge Develops and maintains automatable test cases Develops automated build and deployment methods Self-educates to gain a comprehensive understanding of relevant development languages, runtimes, frameworks, database platforms and tooling
Production Support: Applies understanding of the business domain to triage support issues Correlates environmental changes to production issues Schedules and monitors production jobs Monitors capacity metrics Collaborates with vendors to resolve issues Supports Disaster Recovery activities Configures and supports vendor products
Documentation: Analyzes requirements, proposes high level solutions, and documents new code and configurations for complete features Documents solutions and configurations for vendor products or developed systems Reviews effort estimates of more junior engineers Contributes to project plans Understands vendor product releases Documents production support issue resolutions, Disaster Recovery steps and responses to audits
Technical Leadership: Plans and coordinates cutover and implementation activities Builds and maintains effective working relationships with other technical teams
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
Functional Skill Sets:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Typically has 5+years related IT experience
- Web Development leveraging React Framework with Redux
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Web API's and XML Webservices
- MS Visual Studio using C#
- .NET Core Framework
- Windows Services application development
- SSRS RDLC Report development
- CI/CD Frameworks like Jenkins, Visual Studio
- MS SQL Server Development, Performance Tuning, T-SQL
- Experience with using Excel creation libraries, such as EPPlus
- Asset Management Industry, Hedge of Hedge Funds
- Working with Market Data Feeds/ Vendors e.g., Bloomberg
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
- Self Starter, who can directly work with End users
- Agile Development
- Problem Solving
- Written & Verbal Communication#MID_SENIOR_LEVEL
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts and results
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education
- Medical, Life, and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also covers employee’s dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life Insurance for protection of employees families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)
- Onsite fitness center, recreation center, and cafeteria
- Cricket grounds and gymnasium
- Health Center with doctor availability
- Tuition Assistance Program
- HDFC ATM on the campus
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.