With 2.000 employees worldwide, the CS Group is a leading IT company in France and in Germany, and a prime contractor in designing, integrating and operating mission critical systems. For over 30 years comprehensive CS Group solutions for space systems and applications, both on the ground and in space, have been part and parcel of this odyssey.
Our German activities are growing at fast pace and if you have experience in Space systems and applications then we need you!
Responsibilities/ Duties /Tasks
Our subsidiary CS GmbH, located in Darmstadt, Germany is looking for a Software Engineer. The activity will be performed on-site at our client site, ESOC – the operations center for ESA -based in Darmstadt. You will integrate a team of software engineers under the direction of the project manager in CS GmbH.
This activity includes, among others, the following tasks:
· Development of Core EO features in EGOS-CC
· EGOS-CC Adoption for EO missions (SWARM mission & Sentinel-6 mission)
· Operational campaign with SWARM mission
What are the benefits for you?
Not only will you be working in a challenging and exciting environment, working alongside specialists in your field and in the space business, you will have the chance to grow your career with us internationally, in different projects for different clients. Our space division is in Germany, France and Holland but worldwide CS group can offer you different worldwide opportunities should you wish to specialise in dedicated technologies or in project or team management.
You will receive a permanent employment contract with a competitive salary and associated benefits such as pension scheme and generous holiday provision. You will be supported throughout your career and of course, training and development are part of this. If this all sounds interesting for you, then we look forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for someone ideally with knowledge and experience in software development or maintenance in the ESA space environment. You shall have an M.Sc. in Computer Science Engineer, Telecommunications Engineer or equivalent and will have at least 2 years experience as a software developer.
You will be able to demonstrate technical skills and knowledge in the following:
· Tailoring of CDM and EGOS-CC,
· ESOC SDE, DevOps and Environment,
· Earth Observation Mission Control Systems
· ESOC infrastructure (e.g. Scos-2000)
· Modern communication protocols used with spacecrafts (PUS, DTN, CFDP, MO)
· Unix/Linux/windows environments
· Configuration management such as SVN / GIT
In addition you will have:
· Very good communication skills as well as business level English,
· Experience working in an international environment and working across functional teams.
· Good organisation skills with the ability to work autonomously in an challenging and exciting environment.
Deadline for Application: 30th April 2021